The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poxy Pirelli

Gabriella

I bought two rear 265/30/19 Pirelli P-Zero that cost me £270 each!

I had them not even one year when rear blew out one month ago and another rear blew up 4 days ago :taped: I will never again buy this model tyre and i wish you to be all aware to not make same mistakes! I would expect more for the price paid for them to be honest

I'd also have your geo checked out as it is a possibility that you had worn down the inner edge of they tyre. P-Zero's are extremely soft compound (lets put it this way I destroyed a set of rear ones in just one 25 minute track session)

Cheers for that.

Yeah i think i will be need geo set up. I had a tracking done on front tyres because new tyres was going bold in 3-4 months of driving.

As already said you really need to keep a check on tyre pressures, even more so on low profile tyres as its not obvious that they have lost any pressure due to the very small sidewall

I have been using a 20p machine down the garage for doing tyre preassure and air. Is it possible its giving a wrong reading?

I have been using a 20p machine down the garage for doing tyre preassure and air. Is it possible its giving a wrong reading?

It is possible its wrong but most ive used have been within a couple of psi, ive used them and the normal garage tyre inflators but check afterwards with a snap on tyre gauge so i know for sure.

We both have silly large expensive tyres so well worth investing in a decent gauge to check them with.