The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Does The AUtobox work? (noob question)

Guest Luke Hero

Guest Luke Hero

Hey everyone.

Im still looking to get a supra within the next year and i am currently set on getting a manual tt imported cause i know someone who imports japanese cars nearby.

But more to the point, im just wondering, how exactly does the autobox work on a supra, ive not used one before.

Does it have sport mode etc? A manual control setting or is it simple, park, drive etc. How much control can you get?

Thanks! :)

Love my auto. Relaxed to drive and faster smoother geer changes than you can mannage :p Never in the wrong gear and i can put it in any gear i like when i want to. brilliant :)

Only thing i miss sometimes from my 5 speed NA is a clutch to kick :p

Guest Luke Hero

Excellent, cheers mitchell9006, Im planning on having it sprayed orange when i get it too :D How much it set you back, looks stunning, and the under hood picture is mint mate. You got a right beauty there.

Excellent, cheers mitchell9006, Im planning on having it sprayed orange when i get it too :D How much it set you back, looks stunning, and the under hood picture is mint mate. You got a right beauty there.

well didnt cost me nothing as my dad owns a bodyshop company and work for him. yeah thanks mate

Hey Luke (it's Luke again), it's gonna set you back a good £2500 (if not more) to get it sprayed properly.

The Supras autobox is amongst the best you can get in a sports car, but you will truly miss the manual gear changing if you are more manual orientated.

Guest Luke Hero

Hey man. The autobox does sound like a good option for me. I can have 1st 2nd and 3rd in manual for a bit of fun. And where its gonna be used for commuting to and from work around the country too i can have the pleasue of the auto for when im stuck in jams :)

Going for a Twin Turbo upgrade I see ey :p

Edited by Luke Hero (see edit history)