The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk most powerfull na-t

dr_jekyll

dose anybody know what the uks highest power na-t supra is and is it a member on here ?

im not going to start one of thos "im going to beat the record" threads but i do want to make a high powerd na-t .

i know the " why not sell and buy a tt" is comeing and the answer is because its different and i like doing the work .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well high powerd for an na-t would be a better way to put it.

im thinking 450 ish.

im already na-t so i have most of the parts i need, i want to get another 2jz-ge motor and rebuild it with tt pistons for lower comp and see what i can do.

i havent got a massive budgit so i wont be going too mad but i enjoy the alternative challenges .

Yes he was a member on here and ran 500+ with a full standalone.. forget his name but 500 has been achieved.

Think he wrote the car off though

thanks. i doubt i will have the budgit to see 500bhp but time will tell,

martin, would you mind me pming you for info if i need to as i value your opinion and experience on the ge engines

Why bother aiming for 500bhp spending serious money on development when you can get 400bhp and decent torque from a TT transplant at a much lower cost?

HTH ;)

lol , because that no fun and its same old same old. i think im closer to getting it this way that a tt transplat moneywise as i have 90% of what i need already on my car :) a tt transpalnt is £1500? i think i can reach 450bhp for less than that as i am a master at the shoesrting budget :)

lol , because that no fun and its same old same old. i think im closer to getting it this way that a tt transplat moneywise as i have 90% of what i need already on my car :) a tt transpalnt is £1500? i think i can reach 450bhp for less than that as i am a master at the shoesrting budget :)

As much as I admire your enthusiasm, I cannot for the life of me see how you're going to do it on that budget.

I'm as much a bargain hunter as anyone here and tend to get parts pretty cheap (or free), but was still looking at well over £3.5k to get over 400bhp on my NA with any level of reliabilty (and it wasn't a quick check, I spent weeks looking into it). It's one reason why I'm not bothering with NA-T.

Anyway, it's either going to be Bromy or Gaz that had the highest power NA-T, both were around 550bhp flywheel. You do not want to know how much it cost them :blink:

be interesting what whiffbitz na-t kit can acheive when its done, if it gets done.

That kit should make good power, would be nice to see someone fit one. However, it's the ECU, mapping and fueling where the big advances are made once a good NA-T kit is installed.

sorry i dont mean £1500 alltogether , i mean in adition to what i allreay have.

i cuurently have a full na-t setup running low 300s so i was thinking another engine with low comp tt pistons, big injectors and a full map from a pro and i can be far away,

what have i missed to cost the extra ?

i have a workshop full of tools and i intend on doing all the work myself apart from the mapping so labour costs will not be an issue

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

That kit should make good power, would be nice to see someone fit one. However, it's the ECU, mapping and fueling where the big advances are made once a good NA-T kit is installed.

i think everything is included i-e- ecu and mapping. i have had endless discussions with members about the na-t route and now after being a passenger in a tt bpu the other night i cant wipe the smile off my face, so impressed with the quickness of it.

So i think thats the route im going to take with the auto box too.

fair play though, i wish him the best of luck i know its a tough task but he has the basics already there.

Indeed. The NA-T is actually more difficult/complex/flawed to do than a TT->single.

i agree but i 2jz gte is a verry expensive engine to pull apart in contast to a ge that you can pick up for buttons .

if i forked out £1000 for a gte i would have no reason to pull it apart and rebuild it , where as with a ge ill need to and i do enjoy the work. its about that as much as having the finished article for me :)

Didn't realise you were already NA-T. Well that saves some money.

What is the exact spec of the kit you have now (turbo especially), is it stock NA compression now, what clutch and flywheel, what ECU? We'll be able to advise on the best route based on your input.

Good start then :)

Is that an EMB or EMU? ECU is an absolute key to making any power on the NA-T, though it ideally needs a standalone rather than a fudger.

Need to know the ECU in order to recommend an injector and therefore the rest of the fueling...

its an emb at the moment , but i do want a stand alone really . if business is good and i have the cash i want a solaris from ryan g and for him to map it . i know the emb will be a last option for higher power so an goiod ecu amd map is where i will invest most of my money.