The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think i'm going to sell up

Marty

It's been over 3years since going single on the supra, and i've only done about 3000miles in her since.

I decided to put it away over winter in 2008, i then snapped a spark plug in the head april'ish 2009 whilst servicing it ready for the summer, took me months to get it out, hour here, hour there, decided it wasn't worth re-taxing it as summer was nearly over, so put it away again for the winter.

I had the turbo refurbished, for £600, ready to get it out for this summer, put it on, everything great, noticed a slight oil leak from the return of the turbo, so took the turbo back off to change the gasket, and low and behold, the exhaust blades were ruined. Completely my own fault, looks like when i took the turbo off one of the nuts fell in to the manifold, when i put it back on and started it up it went up in to the turbo, got jammed and wrecked half the blades. I did check the manifold for debris before putting the turbo on, but it must have been hiding, bugger.

It is the final straw really, i really cant find the motivation to spend another £600 getting the turbo refurbished again.

Plus i think i'd rather it go to someone who would use it for the car it is, track days etc, rather than me who just gazes at it on my drive.

It'll need a new turbo, then a remap. The rest is fine, was a no expense spared single build, cost me over £14k i think, i dread to add it up.

Look out for a for sale thread sometime over the weekend when i find time.

Wow, talk about bad carma dude, hope it works out for you man...:)

Thanks mate, that's how it goes sometimes i guess :)

I guess sometimes you loose the motivation for it all. Hope the decision you make is a good one and if you sell you get a decent amount of $

Pics are in his garage

:yeahthat: with regards to my garage.

Thanks buddy. It's safe to say i have definitely lost the motivation. I think it's the right decision, the car is a beast, with a lot of potential, it's certainly wasted on me, would much prefer it go to someone who would use it. I'll be making quite a loss on it, no doubt, but i don't mind too much.