The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how to wire up electric fans

barneybrendan

ARe you on a budget mate? If so you can get spal replica fans from ebay and they seem to work great.

Or go with something like a kenlow as they are good units and can get them in kit form.

Is there no way you can keep the original fan setup?

i have the fans flexalite twins. and thats it so far.was looking at these thermostats .the original setup would hit the crank pulley.http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-Fan.asp

I think that will be the most simple way of doing it. Just check the current rating on the fans

i have the fans flexalite twins. and thats it so far.was looking at these thermostats .the original setup would hit the crank pulley.http://www.x-eng.co.uk/X-Fan.asp

Should of switched to a TT fan and coupling, its the same issue when you fit an ATI crank dampner to the GE. Switching to a TT fan sorts that problem :)

Should of switched to a TT fan and coupling, its the same issue when you fit an ATI crank dampner to the GE. Switching to a TT fan sorts that problem :)

whats the actual difference in the tt set up then.getting a refund on the electric fans now so need something else.

my problem is that the fan blades will hit the larger pulley for the charger.

18122009154.jpg

whats the actual difference in the tt set up then.getting a refund on the electric fans now so need something else.

my problem is that the fan blades will hit the larger pulley for the charger.

The fan blades, odly, on the TT are further forward for some odd reason. I suspect its to clear the top radiator pipe on the TT :)

that might work then rather stay with the standard viscus if i could.have to find out how much more they are forward before i buy.

Well it gave about half an inch extra clearance so it wouldnt catch on the torx bolts on the end of the dampner

just found this twin set up on ebay comes with everything needed to fit plus they are for a v8 landrover so they should be ok.just waiting for a reply on the flow rate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Radiator-Fans-12-Kit-Land-Rover-Discovery-V8_W0QQitemZ220546158328QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3359934ef8

• 1 year later...

How did you get on with this?

Arrived back from dragonball yesterday and I have fried my flexalite fans.... I was also using the X Eng thermostat switch

:(

Going to take it all apart this weekend, I'll check out the fans and see if they are cheap fans or flexalite originals :)