The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT failed :(

supra steveo

Well i took my car in for its mot the other day, and it failed :badmood:

1. worn front tyres, i didnt think they were that bad , the tread was ok just a few cracks in the walls so now ive put the 16s on now

2. front brakes, they were borader line but he decided to pick up that point aswell ,i ordered to pads straight away (£30 from part co :D think i will stop using toyota now they just seem to times the price by 2 )

3. rear left brake sticking , i took the caliper off to have a look at the brake that was stiff and that seemed to free off the stiffness so i think the piston is sticking i tried to push the piston back in and it seemed to free it up a little bit but i think the caliper is on its way out , thinking about a UK spec upgrade

and last on the list ...

4.the rear fog light, the switch wasnt put on properly and ive just gone completly numb in the head so said if you can fit the 3 wires on the switch i will pay for the job because i can remeber how to check what is what lol

so now ive left the car down south and i am going to sorn it for the month

2. front brakes, they were borader line but he decided to pick up that point aswell ,i ordered to pads straight away (£30 from part co :D think i will stop using toyota now they just seem to times the price by 2 )

Bad luck pal but i will pick up on the part about pads though as i get a full set of pads for jspec brakes for £35 all around from toyota :shrug:

Bad luck pal but i will pick up on the part about pads though as i get a full set of pads for jspec brakes for £35 all around from toyota :shrug:

what both fronts and rears from toyota?i think my rears were about £35 on there own

ive already done the rear pads and the front are sitting on the passenger seat waiting to be fitted

There should be a dust cover, remove this carefully and check for rust and pitting. If the piston has been in the same position for ages (car not being used) It will rust and stick. Depending on how bad its pitted you may be able to free it off and all is is good, Undo the bleed nipple so you are not fighting against flexihose and solid bake pipes. Don't forget to re bleed that caliper though..lol

what do i need to do to the sticky caliper to free it up a little bit ? i tried to move it but i dont think its doing much

There should be a dust cover, remove this carefully and check for rust and pitting. If the piston has been in the same position for ages (car not being used) It will rust and stick. Depending on how bad its pitted you may be able to free it off and all is is good, Undo the bleed nipple so you are not fighting against flexihose and solid bake pipes. Don't forget to re bleed that caliper though..lol

Cheers mate , it was left standing for a little over 4 weeks so shouldn't be too bad