The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supe now sounds amazing

DodgyRog

Well I got a 1st De-Cat pipe from Keron a couple of days back and managed to get it fitted today.

The sound is gorgeous, I have 1st De-Cat going into 2 1/2 inch Sumo Power 2nd De-Cat, into standard twin pipe with silencers and the Nur spec S back box.

It's now a very gentle deep rumble at sensible throttle, but all hell breaks loose on Woot and it rasps on lift off lovely. I was quite surprised at how deep the exhaust note is at lower revs using the torque of the engine, you can actually feel the sound

Proberbly the best sounding car I have had since my Lotus Sunbeam.

I will try and get some sound clips over the weekend, if I can convince the wife to stand somewhere as I blast by :eyebrows:

I know this might be seen as a bit pointless without a sound clip, but I am excited that it sounds so nice:p

Edited to add video link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=214036

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

is it louder than mine.i can fell mine in my whole body.

That's whats nice about it Brendan, with keeping the 2 standard siliencers, it's kept it at a reasonable volume and they also provide the essential back pressure, so the torque levels still seem good.

Would be interesting to get it back on the rolling road in Plymouth now to compare it to when it was done as standard

I will get a short vid done on Sunday or Monday, weather permiting

Great stuff Rog, glad you got everything sorted out now.

Look forward to hearing it sometime soon.

I am smiling while driving again, the squeaky rattle was really start to p*ss me off and making driving a chore, but now it's all good again.

I will be going to Japfest so see you then Pudsey:)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

i have a chris wilson first de-cat on mine and remember when i first had it fitted . I remember being suprised at the noticable responce on acceleration . if you keep the old right foot hard down once upto around 4000-4500 RPM it pulled quite hard for an N/A

Yeap, I am very surprised at the difference it has made and the sound is still putting a smile on my face:d

Sounds real good. Would you recommend the Nur Spec S for someone who lives around an area which might have a couple of complainers about noise at low revs (old people - damn retirement homes). I know the Nur Spec R isn't.

The Nur spec S is just a back box and fits on the double pipes of the standard mid section.

I ran mine with just 2nd de-cat for a long time and I went to work at 5am and my neighbours never mentioned it at all. When just moving around at low revs it was only slightly loader than standard but was noticebly deeper in tone.

Now I have gone full de-cat though, it is much harder to keep the noise down,

at lower revs it tends to be very deep in tone and you can actually feel the noise it's so deep, then at full woot its much loader than it used to be, although still not ridiculous.:innocent:

When you lift off the throttle in the higher rev range it rasps and chatters very nicely:cool:.............the video does not do the sound justice at all.

I think it's now the perfect middle ground with it being load enough to stand out, but not (chavvy)in your face load.

Funny enough at Motorway speed, it actually seems quieter now:blink: which I don't really get, but I am happy for