The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A mkiv flywheel fit on a 1JZ

little num

Hi folks, im thinking of fitting a 1JZ into my N/A was wondering if the flywheel bolting battern is the same as the 2JZ, also have any1 done or doing the same conversion into a manual N/A.

Any advise or help would be a really big help :).

Swampy's 1jz engine bolted straight on to my w58.

good luck with the conversion

Quick update, collect the soarer today and got it down my unit, started work on it at about 3pm, took the dash out and heater matrix out so i could get to the ecu and all the plug's hidden behind it.

Within 2 hours id cut out all the unwanted wire's and still got the engine purring like a kitten, all i need to do now is take the engine out and clean it up, ready for installing EEASSYYY.

Before i started stripping the car out, as it still has 6 months mot - tax i decided to give it a good seeing to and to be fair it pulls really well, the car is very heavy and the auto box is slow but impressed so far, its got a second decat and a full stainless exhaust and sounds noisey.

Once i have my boost controller and water injection fitted im hoping to be around 380hp at 1.1 ish.