The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake piping

steely

i want to sort the brake lines out on me supra.

will this copper piping be ok for doing that?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEAVY-COPPER-TUBE-TUBING-FOR-BRAKE-FUEL-LINES-470-T100_W0QQitemZ380213680663QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5886805a17

also has anybody used these braided flexi lines? are these the right ones for my supra??

its a 3.0 1993 N/A manual:blink:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180457127152&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Why not just buy from Toyota directly? The lines are pre-formed and have all the unions fitted. They are not (relatively) expensive.

If you want only the brake lines from the hard pipe to the caliper there are plenty of tuners here who supply quality kits for those.

i was looking on that brake pipe warning thread. and someone said they replaced one of there hard pipes from toyota for around £38+vat. i want to replace 2 fronts to the flexi hoses and both rears to the flexi hoses as my supra was stood out for 2 years not used. the MOT bloke said they were gonna need changing. so i could replace my own for say £40 instead of the toyotas cost of guessing £150??

i'll hunt for a trader on here for the flexis then, anyone off the top of your head that does them?

On an ABS car the front passenger side hardline (including the fitments) is £10.70 (just bought one a few days ago), the driver side is £19ish but that's from memory. The rear hard lines will cost a lot more. Are you sure they are perished? I've worked on dozens of old supra's and yet to have seen one with perished rear lines - though it can happen.

Try Whifbitz, MVP, etc on here for the flexible hoses. A set of 4 is around the £70 mark.

thanks very much for that mate. will give them a try. maybe i should call steve manley tomorrow for a quote on the hard lines. was just trying to save abit of money. but if he does discount. might be worth the extra money for toyota items