The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car trouble please help

ClaireRZ-S

Right lads i need help . I think my car is sick :(. Basically when im driving it on it seems ok until im in about 6th gear doing 90km and then up to about 110, 120 the revs go down for a second and then back up like the clutch is slipping then i can hear this rubbing noise. Its coming from the left and it seems like the car isnt gripping the road but i dont seem to have this problem until im in 6th gear. Please help :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but if it isnt slipping other gears at WOT then it sounds strange!

Yeah but as said before there is a higher load in 6th. Also if the car was getting WOT then it would be doing alot more than 130kph when it was in 6th.

Claire put the car in 3rd or 4th hold the revs about 4000rpm then slam the foot down & listing for the revs to rise faster than the car moves if that makes sense. Also i would recommend doing that on a dry road.

in 6th but not in lower gears?

if its the biggining of the end for the clutch it will start in 6th, (max load) and as it get worse come into 5th on wot, then 4 th ect

boost is at its highest in 5th and 6th and at a low speed 60mph maybe it is the tires slipping plus its damp out at the moment. does sound like a clutch issue