The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had my supra BPUed

BigIanD

Well iv not long had my supra. Bought it from Supradan either late jan or early feb, (cant remember the exact date), with 332bhp and a dyno print out to prove.

The car was completely standard and in gorgeous condition in tt6 j spec. Being my second jap car after my integra type r i was well impressed with how it went not to mention the comfort and smooth ride.

Anyway i had a look though the forum and by the looks of it a BPU was a nice easy way to get more performance from the car, so i rang Ash at Garage 786 to get it sorted. Ordered all the bits including;

boost controller

fcd

double de cat

restricter ring

fuel pump

spark plugs

Also went for a front mount intercooler and K&N filter

They all turned up no problem and on they went. Got a phone call from ash a day before i was due to pick it up. "What sort of power were you expecting then?"

"Duno, 370-380?"

"Well its made 422bhp and 440lbft at 1.1bar!"

Im chuffed to say the least! Been driving it a few days now and still cant get over how fast it is. Keep thinking i shouldnt be aloud a car this fast at 21!

I dread to think how fast a single is but all i know is that this is all i need for the road at the moment.

Heres a vid of the 1st run where it made 419bhp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great results buddy :) i can see why your so happy..

Im bpu at the moment and have yet to get it on the dyno :D

422bhp is a very good figure for bpu !! id be happy with 390 ish.

feels good to have a car like that at 21 doesnt it !! im 21 and love being the envy of all my friends :eyebrows:

Sweeet .... im so Jealous as i was going to BPU before i sold it to you:(

I knew it would make some serious HP as it was pretty much standard when it made 332hp.

FYI it had 49k miles on it when i sold it and its an HKS Hi Power silent exhaust.

Glad you are enjoying it Ian and its looking lush still.;)

Is it normal to get flames out of a bpu car? This is a serious question by the way i'm not having a dig would just like to know! :)

I was getting flames from my exhaust when I was at bpu I couldn't work out what the noise on gear changes was till I was told what it was doing.

Sweeet .... im so Jealous as i was going to BPU before i sold it to you:(

I knew it would make some serious HP as it was pretty much standard when it made 332hp.

FYI it had 49k miles on it when i sold it and its an HKS Hi Power silent exhaust.

Glad you are enjoying it Ian and its looking lush still.;)

Wish you lived abit closer Dan so you could take it out for a blast. You'd love the way it goes now! Sounds so much more throaty with both the cats out. Good choice of exhaust by you :)

Nice!

but i would suggest adjusting turning the boost down slighty or adjusting the Voltage clamp on the FCD to make it higher slighty as its abit too lean for a TT setup. Even when i map them i drop the AFR down to around 11.2:1 after 6000 to cover the cylinder temps.

Last thing you want is a knackered engine matey

BTW this is nothing that garage 786 have done wrong it might be just the FCD voltage clamp is set wrong from the manufacturer or the injectors are just clogged slighty.

Ryan

I was getting flames from my exhaust when I was at bpu I couldn't work out what the noise on gear changes was till I was told what it was doing.

Noise on gear change? Sorry I have an auto but what is this noise you talk of, quite intrigued.

Well done on the result, that is a fantastic output!

I managed 352BHP on my stock TT (No cats though) an like you I was pretty surprised as I was expecting 315 - 325BHP, as the engine has done 104k!

Noise on gear change? Sorry I have an auto but what is this noise you talk of, quite intrigued.

Well done on the result, that is a fantastic output!

I managed 352BHP on my stock TT (No cats though) an like you I was pretty surprised as I was expecting 315 - 325BHP, as the engine has done 104k!

No cats isn't stock Abz and it is the sure fire way to get a massive power hike.

326->400hp is only a double decat, RR and boost controller away (And an FCD if you need it)

Always nice to have the backup mods such as fuel pump, IC etc as well though.

Cracking figures there bud :)

No cats isn't stock Abz and it is the sure fire way to get a massive power hike.

326->400hp is only a double decat, RR and boost controller away (And an FCD if you need it)

Always nice to have the backup mods such as fuel pump, IC etc as well though.

Cracking figures there bud :)

Well nearly stock :innocent:

I am surprised though that the cats held up that much restriction! If the engine hadn't done that many miles then I would not have been that surprised, plus being 16 years old I was more surprised.

BigIan's dyno run on his stock motor sounds impressive; 335 bhp from a stock car is pretty good..

352bhp however, on a stock car with 100k+ on clock is pretty much unheard of (i'm not having a pop by the way!)

BigIan's dyno run on his stock motor sounds impressive; 335 bhp from a stock car is pretty good..

352bhp however, on a stock car with 100k+ on clock is pretty much unheard of (i'm not having a pop by the way!)

As he said bud, it wasn't stock. It had the performance mods done to free up the main amount of ponies (double decat). I'm guessing all that was missing was a non-restrictive exhaust and a boost controller to get the full potential.

As he said bud, it wasn't stock. It had the performance mods done to free up the main amount of ponies (double decat). I'm guessing all that was missing was a non-restrictive exhaust and a boost controller to get the full potential.

Yep as Scott mentioned I had decats which I never knew held up so much power!