The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fastest Standing Mile UK Supra

Lee P

Been doing some digging but cant seem to find any info, does any one know what the fastest standing mile top speed is for a supra in the UK?

Just wondering if I was any where near it. :search:

I know the SW supra in America got over 240mph.

Cheers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this is the nearest we have to a list but none are over that exact distance - the fact some are over longer runs and achieve lower top speeds than the one you've quoted should highlight that there is still some way to go:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=347878&postcount=6

Edit: That doesn't make sense in the context of your sig - what I meant is that the times on my link above are way behind the 240mph one, your own top speed is mighty impressive :)

Edited by michael (see edit history)

I think this is the nearest we have to a list but none are over that exact distance - the fact some are over longer runs and achieve lower top speeds than the one you've quoted should highlight that there is still some way to go:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=347878&postcount=6

Edit: That doesn't make sense in the context of your sig - what I meant is that the times on my link above are way behind the 240mph one, your own top speed is mighty impressive :)

Thanks Michael, those are over 1.25 miles. Will have to see about getting a list for standing mile going as well.

We are well behind the yanks as always. :)

I checked the results from TOTB but couldnt see the recent ones.

CRD was 201 mph 1.25 miles, TOTB is no longer a mile, its less.

Thats right its 1km now but when CRD where taking part it was a mile.

Jamie did 190 didn't he? Or was that not officially timed either?

Jamie did 190mph and was recorded, he came second overall.

Thats right its 1km now but when CRD where taking part it was a mile.

Jamie did 190mph and was recorded, he came second overall.

Oh I thought it was 1.25 maybe it was a mile, your car is a road car and however you say it the CRD car was never a road car, no dash no interior , lexan windows and beaten by an old silver auto over the 1/4!!!

I would say you have the fastest proper road supra in the country......................................................................................................................for now;)

Oh I thought it was 1.25 maybe it was a mile, your car is a road car and however you say it the CRD car was never a road car, no dash no interior , lexan windows and beaten by an old silver auto over the 1/4!!!

I would say you have the fastest proper road supra in the country......................................................................................................................for now;)

No your right John I just checked, it was 1.25 mile at TOTB.

Well I will take the crown for now untill you or Jamie take it off me in October. :D

Looking at them times in monkeymarks thead you did bloody well for a mile considering they are a fair amount longer, if you do a proper race fuel map at 3 bar i dont anything will touch your car Lee.

I really do like this type of event, great indicator on how powerful a car is, be nice to add a graph to mawbys drag racing thread to keep a record.

cough :D

Sorry Wayne, you drive like a girl :D

Looking at them times in monkeymarks thead you did bloody well for a mile considering they are a fair amount longer, if you do a proper race fuel map at 3 bar i dont anything will touch your car Lee.

I really do like this type of event, great indicator on how powerful a car is, be nice to add a graph to mawbys drag racing thread to keep a record.

I've pm'd Homer regarding this already.

I think Im reaching the limit of my setup. Would need more aggressive cams and bigger turbo housing to get anymore I think.

Sorry Wayne, you drive like a BIG girl :D

I've pm'd Homer regarding this already.

I think Im reaching the limit of my setup. Would need more aggressive cams and bigger turbo housing to get anymore I think.

:innocent:

Nah, Loads more boost and yours will romp it, big twins are great for this type of event.

Guest G-Nasty
Been doing some digging but cant seem to find any info, does any one know what the fastest standing mile top speed is for a supra in the UK?

Just wondering if I was any where near it. :search:

I know the SW supra in America got over 240mph.

Cheers

SW posted 246MPH in the standing mile, and his Gallardo is even faster :blink:. I'll more than likely be running by the end of the year, and if not, I'll be out next season, this record is one I'm after :eyebrows:

Well seeing as the USA is a criss-cross of straight lines with very few corners to distract them, I'm not really shocked. They've been at the forefront of the drag and top speed game for years. I'd be more concerned if they were posting quick times around decent tracks, but they're not. Some of these guys have big money, they should bring their cars over to the 'Ring for a shootout against us and see who wins then. :innocent:

Guest G-Nasty
Well seeing as the USA is a criss-cross of straight lines with very few corners to distract them, I'm not really shocked. They've been at the forefront of the drag and top speed game for years. I'd be more concerned if they were posting quick times around decent tracks, but they're not. Some of these guys have big money, they should bring their cars over to the 'Ring for a shootout against us and see who wins then. :innocent:

LOL, you're exactly right, I lived off of an 18 lane high way (the one you're seeing in the TX2K10 videos). No one knows what a turn is :(