The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the ideal event for you and your Supra?

Gaz6002

Pick your favourite event  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your favourite event

• 1/4 mile drag racing
    • Standing mile
    • Track day
    • Drift day
    • Epic drive
    • Car show

Following all the discussion about track days, standing mile events etc I thought it would be interesting to see what type of event is people's first choice.

So, if you had to pick one, which would it be?

Mine would be a standing mile, but only because I've never done it. I love track driving, love big skids but find drag racing doesn't share the same appeal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think a track day would be good if we could rent out a track! possibly more careful drivers and not such a high chance of damage to your car by others driving!?

we already have santa pod as a club, standing mile could be interesting

car shows are better within your local areas IMO like jap fest is just to big to get to know people and usually talk to a stranger thinking they own the supra there stood next too when actually then own a skoda in the car park :D

Hard choice, but I'd have to go with a track day (drift days + epic drives a very close second). They've always been the best for showing what the car is capable of, and you're able to let loose in relative safety.

1/4 mile / standing mile were fun, but they didn't really grab me. Getting more out of those events seems to be what you can spend on your car rather than what you can do with it (though there is a little skill too). I could do a track/drift day once a week, but I'd only do a drag once a year.

Car shows... pah. Social side is nice, but cars are for driving, not for posing.

I like most of them, i was keen on 1/4mile till i got into the 10's, not to bothered about them now.

I did very much enjoy the standing mile event and wont rest till i do a 200mph mile now.

Always enjoy a good drive out/convoy with friends.

Trackdays dont interest me much but do enjoy Llandow as its a good club event and marshals there are not to strict.