The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its all been said before

mad_supra_21

I know this has been asked a few times on here, my first mod after listening the other nite wat my TT sounds like without an airbox made me want to get a induction kit, does any1 have any gud engine bay pics and advice on which ones are best,im tryin to keep things standard where engine mods are concern so im worried this might up PSI on my turbos? What do you reakon?:cool:

Originally posted by mad_supra_21

I know this has been asked a few times on here, my first mod after listening the other nite wat my TT sounds like without an airbox made me want to get a induction kit, does any1 have any gud engine bay pics and advice on which ones are best,im tryin to keep things standard where engine mods are concern so im worried this might up PSI on my turbos? What do you reakon?:cool:

I 'reakon' you should have paid more attention in English classes at school.

I couldn't understand most of your post but the "worried this might up PSI on my turbos?" bit was hilarious. Thanks

Without wishing to be rude but as you have already pointed out, this has already been discussed many times and a quick use of the search button and a read up of the posts will tell you the self same thing that you are hoping to hear again.

As for upping the PSI - no my friend, an induction kit will not up the PSI.

I don't think theres much difference on a Jap Spec, but i have a UK spec which has the MAF sensor, the more air in the more fuel the ECU gives. The engine is more responsive and IMHO feels better, but this is with the MAF. I have an Apexi filter which is enclosed in a Envy Cold Air Box. With the air still supplied from the air duct on the front. Works great

Paul :)

Originally posted by Paul Laing

I don't think theres much difference on a Jap Spec, but i have a UK spec which has the MAF sensor, the more air in the more fuel the ECU gives.

Probably going to be prooved wrong, but I think the Jap MAP sensor will also increase fuel as more air goes in, that's the whole idea of both sensors. The difference is the MAP sensor doesn't have a limit on how much air flow it can register, whereas the MAF sensor has a maximum at which point all air flow beyond that will still only get the fixed maximum amount of fuel.

Originally posted by mawby

Probably going to be prooved wrong, but I think the Jap MAP sensor will also increase fuel as more air goes in, that's the whole idea of both sensors. The difference is the MAP sensor doesn't have a limit on how much air flow it can register, whereas the MAF sensor has a maximum at which point all air flow beyond that will still only get the fixed maximum amount of fuel.

Yep. Mass Airflow and Speed / Density. Two different methods of doing exactly the same thing.

Jake....I 'reakon' you should have paid more attention in English classes at school.

I couldn't understand most of your post but the "worried this might up PSI on my turbos?" bit was hilarious. Thanks

.....Don’t be so quick to judge someone’s intelligence when it’s late at night and I wasn’t in a sober state of mind….so what if I don’t know a great deal about supra’s, I only brought it a month ago and I don’t hear any else complaining, as for the other comments, cheers lads ill do a quick search.

hello mad

you live in Notts so do I perhaps we could meet up

and check each others supra,s out

don,t take any notice of the ""use the search button" guys

they forget that they were new to supra,s once

enjoy your car

Originally posted by Paul Laing

If we just used the search button there would be no more threads!!!

Plus, new people to the board might not know about the search button, be nice :cool:

If you had bothered to read the first thread, you would see that Rob had already indicated that he had seen earlier threads with the same question being answered.

I too remember when I was new to the BBS and needed help but i didnt post questions asking about items that i had already read previous answers to.

My reply was in no way meant as a slight nor a facetious remark but merely pointed out that, by his own admission, he had already read the answers.

You have also conveniently missed out the fact that within the same reply I offered advice on the fact that an induction kit would not increase the PSI. Does that sound like someone with no patience or someone who wishes to be unhelpful?

......."hello mad

you live in Notts so do I perhaps we could meet up

and check each others supra,s out

don,t take any notice of the ""use the search button" guys

they forget that they were new to supra,s once

enjoy your car"

Hello there,

Cheers sounds gud to me,i live in newark near notts,what about you, PM me with time and date details, catch ya soon:thumbs:

Jake....Don’t be so quick to judge someone’s intelligence when it’s late at night and I wasn’t in a sober state of mind….so what if I don’t know a great deal about supra’s, I only brought it a month ago and I don’t hear any else complaining

Yeah I might have been bit a harsh but I had no way to judge your level of sobriety. I can see now that you can write properly if you want to. You see, that's that problem, if you write like a retard people tend to assume that you are one.

Go on any BBS and read the posts from folks who use 'words' like wat, any1, gud, im, reakon, they're usually written by idiots.

I'm not saying that everyone should write perfect english, I struggle with that myself, but you could at least make an effort.

Jake - the man who says what we thinks. Personally, if someone kicks off a thread with spelling like that I'm on the browsers' back button before I've finished reading it. "If you can't be bothered typing I can't be bothered reading" is my maxim, whether getting any input I could offer counts or not to them is their problem :)

Mawby - the j-spec MAP sensor does in fact have a limit to the airflow it can measure, 1.2bar. Well, 1.25 at a squeeze but seeing as fuel cut kicks in at 1.0bar that's irrelevant anyway.

-Ian

Originally posted by Jake

I 'reakon' you should have paid more attention in English classes at school.

Jake

Totally OTT IMHO and I am suprised at you...:(

Originally posted by Ian C

Mawby - the j-spec MAP sensor does in fact have a limit to the airflow it can measure, 1.2bar. Well, 1.25 at a squeeze but seeing as fuel cut kicks in at 1.0bar that's irrelevant anyway.

I knew someone would correct me. :)

Originally posted by Jake

Yeah I might have been bit a harsh but I had no way to judge your level of sobriety. I can see now that you can write properly if you want to. You see, that's that problem, if you write like a retard people tend to assume that you are one.

Go on any BBS and read the posts from folks who use 'words' like wat, any1, gud, im, reakon, they're usually written by idiots.

I'm not saying that everyone should write perfect english, I struggle with that myself, but you could at least make an effort.

Perhaps there is a generation issue here or people purely use abb. to keep there questions or messages short. I for one don't have a great knowledge of the technical stuff on here however I find it a great source of information and appreciate the help everyone has given me in the past.

Lets be honest the site is about Supra's and not ones mensa score and linguistic ability

Originally posted by Paul E

Jake

Totally OTT IMHO and I am suprised at you...:(

I was merely taking the piss out of him, the same as he was out of the English language.

:tongue:

He won't be around much longer anyway, 30-odd posts is the limit isn't it?

Originally posted by Ian R

Perhaps there is a generation issue here or people purely use abb. to keep there questions or messages short. I for one don't have a great knowledge of the technical stuff on here however I find it a great source of information and appreciate the help everyone has given me in the past.

Lets be honest the site is about Supra's and not ones mensa score and linguistic ability

but thing is its harder to read posts if u hav 2 decipher them cuz there no sentences ect and abbs all over n put 2gether careless dont get me wrong im not saying it a big deal but im saying u can chk ur post dont take long n make it esier 2 read lol

...not that the original post was all that bad, just exaggerating ('indulging in a little hyperbole', if you prefer) to make a point.

"Jake - the man who says what we thinks. Personally, if someone kicks off a thread with spelling like that I'm on the browsers' back button before I've finished reading it. "If you can't be bothered typing I can't be bothered reading" is my maxim, whether getting any input I could offer counts or not to them is their problem "...

mawby....Hmmmm seems to me we have another jake but yet on a more Embryonic level (if you know what that means Mawby)...see at least jake admits fault, which u cannot, instead u insist on digging up what has already been discussed and passed by.

I dont know what you do as your day job but maybe its along the lines of forklift truck driving to handle your bills on the supra?

Hey not bad english to say im "pissed" again, I could be an "MD" of some sort.

But at the end of the long working day, does short hand Spelling really matter that much???..........no....:twak:

I do Apologiselast post, my comments where aimed at Ian C:angry:

I did wonder what I had done wrong. It's rare for a newbie to start picking on the moderators so soon. :)

On a serious note, there's a membership fee to post to this forum and you're going to need to pay it pretty soon otherwise your account will be suspended. See this thread for details.

mawby....Hmmmm seems to me we have another jake but yet on a more Embryonic level (if you know what that means Mawby)...see at least jake admits fault, which u cannot, instead u insist on digging up what has already been discussed and passed by.

I dont know what you do as your day job but maybe its along the lines of forklift truck driving to handle your bills on the supra?

But at the end of the long working day, does short hand Spelling really matter that much???..........no....

Yeah, that bloody Mawby, you tell him mate. :tongue:

By the way mad_supra_21, you know you can edit.gif

your post if you make a mistake? See the Edit button at the bottom of your post? (A jake top tip their 4u cos i liek u) :thumbs:

"Jake - the man who says what we thinks. Personally, if someone kicks off a thread with spelling like that I'm on the browsers' back button before I've finished reading it. "If you can't be bothered typing I can't be bothered reading" is my maxim, whether getting any input I could offer counts or not to them is their problem "...

But at the end of the long working day, does short hand Spelling really matter that much???..........no....:twak:

jake's comment might seem harsh a little harsh to you at the time but it's all in good fun only! Ian C wasn't been nasty or out of order, just speaking his mind about anything :) i agree that reading messages in "text talk" is hard. Of course if people are tired or on the bottles it's harder to write. We don't want this place turning into a Nova forum were everyone's called Bazza and writes everything in text talk :p

Just chill out about the comments dude, it's all light hearted on here. Once you pay your £10 and get to suss out the piss takers (i.e. Jake :D) you'll have a better time on here. We've all had a bit of winding up by Jake before :D