The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carl's Black Single

CarlT67

I wasn't going to put any pictures up of the car until it was finished but it seems as if it may take a little longer than expected to get the car fully up to speed cosmetically.

Anyhow I thought I would start a thread on the progress of the car and put some pictures up of it (everyone loves pictures)

So.... heres is how I bought the car a week ago last friday from Paul and garage whifbitz.

Thanks to Paul for the great service when buying the car...!!!

The cars specs is as follows, Precision Turbo T67 billet 0.68ar, garage whifbitz turbo/manifold kit. 6 Speed with twin plate ORC clutch, Rota 18" wheels and uk brakes.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/carsforsale/94%20black%20single%20front.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/carsforsale/94%20black%20single%20rear2.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/carsforsale/94%20black%20single%20side.jpg

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/carsforsale/94%20black%20single%20engine.jpg

I planned to go for the Standard/US look on the car so I started by fitting my Shine Auto Diffuser and removing the OEM spats...

Unfortunately when removing the spats the rear quarters have both been sprayed with the spats fitted leaving paint lines on the rear quarters, so I am going to have both of these resprayed.

I then went onto removing the Veilside skirts and fitting the OEM black trim and OEM brake ducts.

So here is how the car currently sat until this morning when I removed the front bumper for another forum memeber who is coming to collect it tomorrow and I will be fitting a OEM front.

Oh and here is a nice picture showing the T67 and Pauls (mark 2 I believe) turbo/manifold kit.....

I will stick some more pictures up as I update the car.

Next steps are fitting the OEM front, Greddy front lip (maybe a carbon one from Paul) and getting the exterior 100% and detailed.

Thanks Carl

Edited by CarlT67 (see edit history)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe you couldn't resist could you :p. Very nice

No I couldn't :D

Nice. :thumbs:

What power and ECU is it running?

Apexi FC ECU and the car hasn't been on a dyno, Paul road mapped it so I don't have any exact figures yet. I am guessing somewhere around 550fwhp looking at other cars with similar specs....

No I couldn't :D

Apexi FC ECU and the car hasn't been on a dyno, Paul road mapped it so I don't have any exact figures yet. I am guessing somewhere around 550fwhp looking at other cars with similar specs....

who gives a feck???? at the end of the day, for some reason......your car is bloody stunning mate. but could do with a clean:) keep it that way.

man i'mm jealous:innocent:

Nice... very nice! :thumbs:

If that last pic is the one of your car please get them to swap out the silicon goses for heat resistant ones. Also DP needs wrapping and/or clutch master/brakes lines shielded. Breather pipe setup also is wrong, where's the vacuum source - it just looks like it looped between the cam covers or VTA, which is pointless.

who gives a feck???? at the end of the day, for some reason......your car is bloody stunning mate. but could do with a clean:) keep it that way.

man i'mm jealous:innocent:

Cheers, I had cleaned it before them pics but then I drove it in the rain, thats the problem with black cars I suppose :p

Nice... very nice! :thumbs:

If that last pic is the one of your car please get them to swap out the silicon goses for heat resistant ones. Also DP needs wrapping and/or clutch master/brakes lines shielded. Breather pipe setup also is wrong, where's the vacuum source - it just looks like it looped between the cam covers or VTA, which is pointless.

I am going to get some heat protection for the clutch and brake reservoirs as I noticed the other day after a run they were getting extremely hot.

I didn't know the breather needed a vacuum source (which I'm guessing would be the induction) it seems to breath through the filter on the tank though...

As for the silicon hoses, I am going to change them to black anyhow so i'll be getting heat resistant ones.

Thanks for the info

Edited by CarlT67 (see edit history)

I am going to get some heat protection for the clutch and brake reservoirs as I noticed the other day after a run they were getting extremely hot.

I didn't know the breather needed a vacuum source (which I'm guessing would be the induction) it seems to breath through the filter on the tank though...

As for the silicon hoses, I am going to change them to black anyhow so i'll be getting heat resistant ones.

Thanks for the info

Good to hear it's in hand :)

The CCV should be negative on boost, the stock system uses the intake (before compressor) as it's vacuum source, but I cannot see one on the pics. It just looks like a looped system which doesn't do anything. If it's routed to open air there'll be no vacuum.

Thats going to look very nice when finished mate, best of luck :)

Thanks, I may be in contact for some detailing once all the spray work is done, some of the paint is a little dull and swirly.

Very nice, looks a 1000 times better with the skirts removed:cool:

Cheers mate...!

looks well nice that, defo alot better with the skirts and rear spats taking off!!! not a fan of that body kit

Cheers...!

Looks nice. Nearly makes me want to remove my skirts for stock. Nearly.

Thanks Rob, go on join the revolution :D

Glad this one's gone to a good home :) It was for sale for ages. Very nice car, soon to be nicer by the sounds of it.

Cheers, I saw it when it first came up for sale, liked it then and came to the position to buy this contacted paul to see if it was still available and the rest as they say is history. :)

Bumpers fitted now mate, hope you were happy with the stock one.

Yes mate all fitted thanks, stick some pictures up of the bumper fitted mate, how did the number plate come off ok...?

A great transformation, much prefer this look :thumbs:

Cheers mate...!

Fitted the OEM front bumper today and put a giant looking number plate on while my 3/4 comes though the post. I'm not much of a fan of the standard bumper without a lip so need to get one on there asap :D

Its really nice tough fitting OEM body parts, so easy and never a fitment issue.

Anyway here's some pictures of the car as it stands now...

Next step to get it into the bodyshop so the paint work is 100% then to order up the Greddy lip.

I am also going to be making a heat shield up for the clutch/brake reservoirs out of some of this stuff here and ordering some black replacement hoses for the engine bay.