The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wheel options......

Japlover

Just thought id get some opinions on the below wheels im toying with getting for the Supra. Its Silver and have a hard choise of:

http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/wheels/asa/ar1_rs/bpfbl

or.....

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/images/Cat/small_gtlm_hyper_black_19x10_angle.jpg

Both are similar price and to me both would look good..... i had the Rota's on my GTR and was more than happy, but not sure on the quality of the others. Anyone bought those brand of wheels before? any feedback?

They would both be 19" and pushed slightly out of the arch at the back on a stretched tyre (nothing too OTT though, maybe a 255 tyre on a 275 wheel)

Simon

big spacers..... hmm maybe not a fan as i dont want to compremise handling..... the GTLMs i the pic above do look nice but what size is the tyre on the front? looks biggere than rear? (maybe 30 rear, 35 front?) thought it would be 30 all round?

any reason?

big spacers..... hmm maybe not a fan as i dont want to compremise handling..... the GTLMs i the pic above do look nice but what size is the tyre on the front? looks biggere than rear? (maybe 30 rear, 35 front?) thought it would be 30 all round?

any reason?

Of course they're different, staggered wheels mean different size tyres. They are 235/35 on the front, because the profile is not a measurement, it's a percentage IIRC. the rears are 275, if they had 35 profile on them, they'd look like truck tyres, and 30's on the front would look too thin :D

Lovely car :)

Cheers :cool:

Hopefully it'll still look as nice with the new wheels I'm getting.

pistonbroke> cool its good to learn these things..... ive came from owning a car with the same size tyres all round so was just confused. I know staggered wheels have different size tyres but wasnt sure as to why they have a different size wall when theyre both 19".

Im beginning to go with the ASR's if im honest, purely because i had the Rota's on the GTR however they do look nice on the car above.... decisions, decisions.....

Edited by Japlover (see edit history)