The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help needed on gauges/electrics

L33

hey guys

yet another problem :(

my defi power cable to the control box never had the ends terminated properly so it was only a matter of time until they fell out

after coming home and finding every thing on inside a locked car i decided to do some thing about it! i tried to reterminate the cables into the white connector but had no luck so i ordered a new power lead from whifbitz

while waiting for the cable i had to twist together the red and orange cable so my heating, afr gauge and boost controller worked. also my cd player wouldnt turn off even if the cable were not twisted together but i thought it will be ok when the new cable arrives

well it arrived today and to save ripping the dash apart i crimped the new cable to the old where it was visible and plugged it into the control box.....nothing!

so i ripped the dash apart and seems like every thing is soldered onto the cables fine and no problems! cant be a fuse as there was still power when i twisted the cables together for heaters ect

so is the control box duff? ive ordered another from paul any way as i needed one as using the water temp input for my 2nd oil gauge didnt work.

i stil cant explain the cd player constantly being on even with the keys removed? only way to stop it is to pull the face plate off? :(

any one know what the red and orange cable is for the defi power lead, i guess red is permanent but what is orange?

i really cant explain this just seems odd. not a fuse built into the defi box?

cheers

It sounds like you have your wires mixed up... The stereo is normally on a switched live and therefore goes off when keys are out...

I know it's a nghtmare, I am currently disasembling my entire loom which has had some major hacking into so I know how much of a nightmare you face.

Good luck

Rob

That's the thing I've not touched any thing and this hasn't happened before? Only since the coyboys Fitted the defi stuff and there was lots of exposed cable arking across eachother and then finally falling out and touching eachother this has happened! :(