The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Mini Resto

steely

Hi guys, well i have been on here for afew days now. and i have payed me membership.

so i thought it was time to put some pics up of me supra. they are not detailed yet. i will be starting work on it in the next 2 weeks, as i need to source parts and prepare for it.

basically this car has been sat for 2 years open to the elements. i payed £500 for it and have got it MOT'd which obviously it failed.

it needs a lower or upper front drivers arm, new brake and fuel lines all through

the headlights need abit of yellow polishing off.

and the exhaust is split at the front where it joins one of the cats. so will be looking at replacing it.

the brakes are spot on even after the time stood.

the only mod on the car is a TRD replica exhaust system.:search:

Plaese go easy on me. and this car needs a good clean. its faded to buggery and i need to figure out what to use on it to get the paint at least near up to scratch. oh and abit of rust above the windscreen:(

nice and cheap. but just needs a good clean up. it started first time even after being stood for so long. but needs a full belt and oil change etc. so will need some help on that. if someone lives local and wants to pop over to help. i can supply the bacon and beer...:D

would that get rid of the faded paint work? or will it likely need a spray job??

oh and its very dry underneath. needs a strip and clean, then undersealling. but the MOT bloke just couldn't find any rust holes. mainly surface. so very pleased with that

Good price, and I'm sure with a lot of hard work it will come up nice.

You need to be a regular "parts for sale" twitcher, there are some good deals to be had especially if your on the ball and have a bit of spare cash, and there is all the advice and expertise you would want in the Tech section.

Good luck.

Bob.

would that get rid of the faded paint work? or will it likely need a spray job??

oh and its very dry underneath. needs a strip and clean, then undersealling. but the MOT bloke just couldn't find any rust holes. mainly surface. so very pleased with that

A paint correction would sort it out (there's plenty of people on here who are in the know though), but I'd imagine you could get it looking pretty good yourself :)

i used to b a T-CUT man....:D. but it would be good to use the right stuff. i'm all in for doing the work myself. any mechanical stuff too. i might be new to supras, but i'm not new to engines and bodywork etc etc.

Maybe have a look on detailing world http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php, they might be able to offer some advice on things you could do at home to bring it up nice :)

:D i was a lucky boy i spos.

detailing world is a good idea actually, will give them a topic when i'm ready. there is also an rx7 in white dumped behind someones farm. covered in mould. kitted up. i don't understand how people can leave perfectly good cars to go to waste???

the only reason this car got left was due to the crack in the exhaust. its craziness

£995 but sayin that the only issues with it were the engine being feckered and it was an auto, the body and inside were clean :D

well, mine has brake and fuel lines to sort, an arm, exhaust and polish up, so not much really.......oh mines a manuel.....:D

only joking, anything under £1000 i think is amazing:eyebrows:

i'll go and find out about the RX7 and let you know.....might offer him £500:innocent: i can't commit to it as i have the supra now

i promise i'll go and pester him. its a white twin turbo with what looks like slit rims, maybe 18" gold cetres in bbs style. i have no idea why its there. maybe the engines had it.

i'm a long distance and local courier driver, hence the reason i find these cars. i found a 2wd saph cossie which was stood up. but the bloke wouldn't sell it to me. its still there now. what a waste!! being a ford too its probo beyond doing up....lmao

oh and i just want to show everyone what i have stored for this supra. its my pride and joy, its also a ford. but i love it. obviously 2 completely different cars. but this is one of the strongest and most reliable fords around. at the time at least.

i know i will get slated for it. but thats life