The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear indicators, side repeaters and HID's

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Seen these on e-bay and looking at buying them tomorrow. Anyone used them? Both come with bulbs and are not E-approved. Fitting should be straightforward, but anything I need to think about?

Front Side

I'm also ordering a 8000k HID kit from KnightRacer to finish off the light's. This will be used on the dipped beams, but the main's will still be standard. Do people usually change the bulbs on the main's to even out it out so they don't look yellow? Also, is the 8000k going to be too blue?

Any comments welcome :)

Dean

i just bought the front ones,

from the same seller,

they arrived today, super fast delivery, seller helpfull,

the lights look awsome. bargain price aswel, free delivery and comes with the bulbs of your choice (abmber/white)

Guest Budz86
Got them fronts on mine, look good, but I suggest you use the addittional fixing with it for sturdiness. It has 3, as opposed to a pre-facelifts 2, studs.

You will also need the looms to go with them. Got mine from Steve Manley

Didn't realise I'd need the looms too!:innocent: How much are they?

I'm now not sure if I want the 8000k. Did ask about the 6000k but not going to be around for a couple of months. Where are people getting them from E-bay? And are they any good?

Didn't realise I'd need the looms too!:innocent: How much are they?

I'm now not sure if I want the 8000k. Did ask about the 6000k but not going to be around for a couple of months. Where are people getting them from E-bay? And are they any good?

From clouded memory around £24. There is a guide on here with a full pictorial explanation.

If you're buying e-bay HIDs, make sure they are CANBUS compatible, and don't go for the cheapest :)

Found it http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=31633

You will also need the looms to go with them. Got mine from Steve Manley

anyone have a link to him?

id rarther get from someone on here, than have the hassle of phoning toyota, trying to order them (even with the part number)

Regarding the front and side repeaters, those ones you posted are fine. I used the same supplier for the fronts a couple of months back. Only problem was the passenger side one needed a slight trim to get the facelift bult to fit.

PS: In case you don't know you'll need the indicator looms too, they are between £30 and £40 from Toyota.

anyone have a link to him?

id rarther get from someone on here, than have the hassle of phoning toyota, trying to order them (even with the part number)

Edit -just spotted this. You cannot get these 2nd hand, you'll need to buy new or order from the likes of Whifbitz. Part number: 81515-14390 (you'll need 2)

30 quid? is that per side?

man thats expensive, they literally are just 2 bulb holders!

I paid £19 something each side a couple of days ago, but my local Toyota (Reading) is notoriously expensive.

It's a short loom section with two bulb holders, the wires and the connector to the loom (which needs to be cut off anyway!). They do not supply the bulb holders on their own.

Guest Budz86

Thanks guys, some useful info there. I'll get onto Steve first thing in the morning and order the loom's. Find it odd that the existing one's one the orange 'blobs' don't fit.

As for the HID's, I'll have to do some more searching!

Guest Budz86

I've been told that the celica one's fit nicely. There were some measurements on the e-bay link and I plan to check this against the existing one's to be sure. I'll drop you a PM or post in here with the results and pictures of the fit for you :)

The Celica side repeaters are supposed to be a direct fit, but the OEM supra look are nicer IMO.

Also, a 4300K dipped headlamp bulb is much better that the higher (less visible light) 6000K and upwards HID's. 4300K is about as white as you can can get on good quality HID's, any higher and the light moves to the blue spectrum, which will provide less visible light - which kind of defeats the point of HIDs in the first place.

Guest Budz86

Hmmm, interesting. I was hoping they would be plug and play Andrew. I'll let you know...

Thanks Daryl, I don't mind them being slightly blueish, as they will still be an improvement from standard so I think 6000k might be my best option.

Thanks Daryl, I don't mind them being slightly blueish, as they will still be an improvement from standard so I think 6000k might be my best option.

If you have the option for 4300K try asking for them, it'll be a better option if you want to improve the lighting.

They might be unpopular (supply & demand from the chavs make 6000k+ popular - higher number is better init :D ), but worth checking if a better light range is available.

Lets face it, at night most of us drive on dipped lights, so you want that to offer the best possible quality.

Guest Budz86

Well, been a busy day so far. Just ordered the clear front indicators, looms and HID's. Went for these in the end, with a 6000k as it's mostly going to be around town so don't need them too bright, but at the same time it's still a massive improvement from stock.

Just going to double check the size of the clear repeaters, then order them too. Should all be here tomorrow and then I've got a busy weekend if the weather holds out :D