The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick Update on Mods and Graphics

Notts_TT

Hi All

Cheers for all the great comments on the car, i have a few pics here of latest bits ive done, sorry for the pic quality, will get some good quality when car is done..

For front bumper indicators i sourced these bike ones which are 12v...

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1117/img0256r.jpg

Heres the car with the Carbon Arches fitted

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/175/img0252xl.jpg

And here is the start of the decals which are to promote our business...

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4496/img0263m.jpg

Edited by Notts_TT (see edit history)

James, The graphics are to promote my graphics business so i have to have them really, if it was my personal car and not to promote anything i would leave it graphic free too....

The arches are fibreglass and wrapped in DI_NOC carbon film, the new film from 3M...

Edited by Notts_TT
deleted something (see edit history)

James, The graphics are to promote my graphics business so i have to have them really, if it was my personal car and not to promote anything i would leave it graphic free too....

The arches are fibreglass and wrapped in DI_NOC carbon film, the new film from 3M...

£450 to you if you want a set...

£450 for the arches? is that all 4? good price if so.

the graphics do look good, the fact that its your own business is even better - and did i mention she is FIT!! :D

Just say what you think Gaz :)

Your the first to dislike the arches... See here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=213259

I do try mate :) we can't all agree!

I saw that thread, but thought I'd wait to post my opinion before I saw a side profile of the whole car. I think they over-power the look and ruin the Supra's lines. Same with the graphics, they're too imposing. Both things together just make it look too cluttered for me.

The indicators look too small for the holes, which again adds to the 'busy' look.

With all that said, maybe it's me. Cars are a very personal thing, and if you're happy then don't listen to a word.

As said before, the graphics are there for a reason, not something id have on my personal car even though i run a graphic based company.

Again the story behind the arches are to show customers we can wrap pieces like that and to show off the vinyl, were just going into full car wrapping and were doing a whole smart car in the carbon vinyl as our show car, now that will be overpowering :)

As said before, the graphics are there for a reason, not something id have on my personal car even though i run a graphic based company.

Again the story behind the arches are to show customers we can wrap pieces like that and to show off the vinyl, were just going into full car wrapping and were doing a whole smart car in the carbon vinyl as our show car, now that will be overpowering :)

But surely a demo car should look aesthetically pleasing as well as demonstrating the things you do... you're selling yourself and your company short by doing that to your Supra!

You could have wrapped the spoiler, the roof, the bonnet, etc... arches are a funny place to start.

Smart car sounds 'interesting'.

I havent done this thinking its not aesthetically pleasing, everyone who has seen it in the flesh so far absolutly love it, I love the arches, the kit and everything else..

We are partial wrapping the middle of the bonnet and roof with Di-Noc, oh and the spoilers blade...

Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that or this could go on all day.

Thanks for your comment..

Dan

shame you didn't line up the side indicator repeater with her head that way when making right turns it would look like shes firing laser beams from her eyes.

Like the arches, overall a nice Supra but not totally keen on the graphics.

this site has some nice Manga ideas though.

http://www.sjsdesign.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F3487768&rnd=5346480&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=gallery2