The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chris Wilson Suspension..

suprafan72

yes his suspension has a few pre set ride heights. look at jamie ps build thread. its not a winder adjuster like after market coilovers but can be set a different heights and i imagen if you want it really low mr wilson could make that possible

edit, i belive height adjusers are an optional extra on his suspensions kits so maybe not but he maybe able to add them in?

yes his suspension has a few pre set ride heights. look at jamie ps build thread. its not a winder adjuster like after market coilovers but can be set a different heights and i imagen if you want it really low mr wilson could make that possible

edit, i belive height adjusers are an optional extra on his suspensions kits so maybe not but he maybe able to add them in?

Thanks mate, Ill check it out :)

I understand your enthusiasm. It is ggrrrreeeeaaat! :-D Very happy about mine.

Would keep it at the reccomended height though. Its down 15mm/10mm front/rear as opposed to stock. Only reason to go lower is for show not go (in the real world)

It comprises revalved to my spec Bilstein dampers (4), and 4 custom made, progressively wound springs. car is lowered 15 to 18 mm at the front and 10 mm at the rear, more than this and the kinematics of the suspension go to pot, and many custom made bits at huge expense would be needed. I don't change bushes or anti roll bars, bush changes will make the car harsher, which most people don't want, although i am toying with offering these later this year. Fitting them will be on an "as long as it takes" basis only, getting susoension arms off old cars can be unpredictable. Nor do i change the anti roll bars, stiffer bars can give very bad ride over single wheel bumps. I won't be offering these as TRD already make an excelent kit, and Whiteline make (in my opinion) a cheap and nasty one, so both ends of the market are covered.

The geo is then reset. I have a road set up, that 99% of people have, and a track day set up, that I alone used. The track day set up is excellent for ON TRACK DAY tyre wear, turn in and grip, but the car will be edgey over ruts and white lines on normal roads, and suffer poor inside edge trye wear. The total cost is 1200 UK pounds, no VAT to pay, and only extra should be if any suspension adjusters are seized beyond normal means of freeing them up.

I can get single replacements for worn or damaged shocks or springs, but if you damage a spring I guess we'd be discussing this when we both reach the "other side" ;)

Update on this, Apparantly the settings are far too hi.....

Rear from the rubber to the arch is 2.75 inches

Front fromt the rubbet to the arch is 2.50 inches. (Jurgens measurements)

Pictures to follow later.... Surely this is not right? I can't say im that pleased about this its just going to be more delays and time whilst it becomes right.

Edited by suprafan72 (see edit history)

Pictures to follow later.... Surely this is not right? I can't say im that pleased about this its just going to be more delays and time whilst it becomes right.

That sounds extremely high.

Did Chris supply the whole lot including top mounts, assembled? Have you spoken to him?

It will settle down, Has the car been driven since installed? or even rolled back and forward?

Back sounds similar to mine, my front is lower than that though, similar to bodilx6, i have had to change down to a 35 profile tyres as the 40's rub now as its settled, pity as i cant get R888's in a 35.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Bear in mind I like to talk to owners and do a spring that gives a ride height based on their usage needs, and if they need it to be low for aesthetics. If people don't like the end result, ride height wise, I can fairly easily groove the damper bodies to give alternate ride heights on the given springs. Not tightening the wishbone inner pivots with full weight on the tyres after jouncing the car will give an unnaturally high ride height, as well as giving the bushes a very hard time. I am liaising with Jurgen to resolve this speedily.

Not tightening the wishbone inner pivots with full weight on the tyres after jouncing the car will give an unnaturally high ride height, as well as giving the bushes a very hard time.

Good point - I think a lot of people do overlook this (not saying Jurgen has though).

Bear in mind I like to talk to owners and do a spring that gives a ride height based on their usage needs, and if they need it to be low for aesthetics. If people don't like the end result, ride height wise, I can fairly easily groove the damper bodies to give alternate ride heights on the given springs. Not tightening the wishbone inner pivots with full weight on the tyres after jouncing the car will give an unnaturally high ride height, as well as giving the bushes a very hard time. I am liaising with Jurgen to resolve this speedily.

Hi Chris,

Jurgen mentioned that there is no rockin movement when he presses down on the arches, Could none tightening the wishbone pivets with tyres on allso cause this??