The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec Bonnets??

steely

Hello guys.

sorry i'm new, so hope i'm not sounding too much like a plum. but how hard is it to get a uk spec twin turbo bonnet?? do people make copies of them?

reason i ask is i need to change the bonnet on me car because while it was sat off the road for 2 years, kids threw a rock on it and i'd rather not fill it and respray it.

in other words its a good excuse to get one...:D

well depending on money. it they are crazy money i'll just put the cash into something the car really needs for now and forget the bonnet idea:blink:

I would have thought it might be hard to find a spare UK one.

Alternatively, you could buy a J -Spec bonnet second hand and cut out and fit your UK scoop to it. All the bonnets to my knowledge are the same, except for the hole.

Plenty of people have done this on here.

thanks for all your replys guys, mucho appeciated.

i'll probo just get the scoop and repair my bonnet then, seeing as i will need to cut a hole into it.

are they american based that company? always worry about shipping parts from the states??

i'll go see toyota on the weekend and see what they can do for me. might try and get some discount as i want to replace all nuts and bolts from under the car. and get brake pipe ends for my newly made pipes

Go prepared with the part numbers, etc (all of which can be found by a quick search on the forum).

Toyota dealers tend to be quite useless when it comes to supra's (do a search for steve manley)

Toyota part numbers

76182-14010 GUIDE,HOOD AIR INTAKE

76187-14010 RETAINER,HOOD AIR INTAKE GUIDE,NO.1 x 2

76186-14010 SEAL.HOOD AIR INTAKE

90179-06058 NUT,WIRE ADJUSTING,NO.1 x 4

90179-06299 NUT,WIRE ADJUSTING,NO.1

76184-14010 PROTECTOR,HOOD BULGE,NO.2

76181-14900 BULGE,HOOD

90999-91057 PROTECTOR,REAR SPOLIER,NO.2

76192-14010 PLATE,HOOD BULGE

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15335&d=1115668704

There's a place near mine that makes fibre glass and carbon fibre body parts, they'd just need a copy of what you'd want done, would be a long process though, i'm thinking about sending my bonnet off to get copied as i know its popular ( uk spec ) :)

There's a place near mine that makes fibre glass and carbon fibre body parts, they'd just need a copy of what you'd want done, would be a long process though, i'm thinking about sending my bonnet off to get copied as i know its popular ( uk spec ) :)

One of the greatest advantages of a UK spec vent over the other range of fibreglass bonnets is that you retain the rigidity of the metal stock one, so you don't get flappy front syndrome at high speeds. You'd lose that, so I don't think you'll sell many of those once people realise how much of a difference it makes.

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

One of the greatest advantages of a UK spec vent over the other range of fibreglass bonnets is that you retain the rigidity of the metal stock one, so you don't get flappy front syndrome at high speeds. You'd lose that, so I don't think you'll sell many of those once people realise how much of a difference it makes.

Think he (rob boi) is referring to the actual scoop, not the full UK bonnet :)

i'll go see toyota on the weekend and see what they can do for me. might try and get some discount as i want to replace all nuts and bolts from under the car. and get brake pipe ends for my newly made pipes

Just call Steve Manley 01865 291333 you wont need part numbers and he ususally gives as much discount as Toyota will allow.

He's based at Inchcape Toyota in near Oxford but can post parts to you.