The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra experts needed suspension question

little num

Searching the last hour or so and cant find what im after.

Basically we have 4 supra's in our unit, now what we are trying to do is compare the springs against each other to see the differance between N/A and TT, problem is all the springs have different colour markings, some have WHITE + ORANGE, then BLUE + WHITE, then just WHITE, now these are all front springs so can some 1 shed some light on what colours mean what.

In my experience you need to test them on a spring rate tester. the colour code range is vast and not documented in anything I have found. I mark them up as sets when they come off a known car type and ignore the codes. LH and RH differ, obviously front and rear, NA, TT, VVTi, Euro, UK, US. A minefield of subtle changes on destination and spec.

Well for one the front end would sit higher i would of thought as there isnt as much weight on the nose like on the TT but thats all i got, my knowledge of spring rates etc is limited :D

But then would it handle better due to the springs being stiffer so in theory less body roll ????

But then would it handle better due to the springs being stiffer so in theory less body roll ????

In theory I would of thought so but a spring alone isn't going to decrease body roll massively. Better shocks on the other hand would probly be more benificial and maybe a stiffer set of anti roll bars.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

its strange you say how high the NA will sit with TT springs on, we have a NA with original springs and the measurments from centre of hub is the same as the NA with TT springs fitted.

If they're the original springs, mightn't they be a bit saggy by now?

• 2 weeks later...