The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How reliable are Boost Logic box's?

mark newman

Hi, Could any one tell me how reliable a Boot Logic auto box is? I am hoping to run between 700-800 bhp - Would one of these box's even be able handle this power? I am not trying to make a drag car but i would like this to be a good daily driver. I preferably dont want to go down the 6 speed route as i am a lazy git and love auto's

Anyone know ?:search:

Mark

Hi, Could any one tell me how reliable a Boot Logic auto box is? I am hoping to run between 700-800 bhp - Would one of these box's even be able handle this power? I am not trying to make a drag car but i would like this to be a good daily driver. I preferably dont want to go down the 6 speed route as i am a lazy git and love auto's

Anyone know ?:search:

Mark

Do a search mate! Its been covered lots of times. But to save you time :innocent:

The Boost logic box will not hold 700-800hp IMO! Its basically a stock box that is running higher line pressure and has had a rebuild (although my first hadn't!)

I broke several of them and couldn't recommend them but others have had some success with them but this is at much lower power figures than that!

Mark no offense but have you been out in a 700-800bhp supra? That is a serious amount of power and mods to go with it! What spec are you currently?

I'm only saying from personal experience I spent (including buying the car) over 40k on my old supra and went through loads of box's etc and ended up going down the 6 speed route! and I was 'only' running 550-600 at most!

agree with rob

i have a boost logic box and currently running 500bhp and i shud be hitting 600 in april! a big wad of cash and a lot of mods have gone into that, roughly 23k! trying to get into the 7-800 bracket is some serious modifications and huge expense! only a handfull on here have achieved that figure with no expense spared

the BL boxes are strong (again not for every one) but there not bullet proof! and for a every day car of that kind of power? not so sure

there is another auto box but i cant remember the name, has 400 in the title? there ment to be the next stage up but more aggressive box

if your genuinly designing a spec for that kind of power not just a wish list i would think long and hard about box choice!

Guest SupraGTE
brand new from BL?

have you got it yet? just wondered if you take the sump off is there still metal shards in the sump?

my mate alredy checked that and it been mounte d actually for 100miles to see that it works as buying a box from them is like playing Lotto it seams :)... so im wrong it is not brand new anymore:)

9k? Not likely? For a start a BL box will set u back about 1500, then u have brakes to consider, minimum uk set about 1400, the u have cooling, fueling, gauges, turbo, manifold, ecu. The list goes on! Think u need to do a bit more research mate! That budget will see about 5-600 max IMO

I have worked it out to be around £3400 with 3500 stall including import taxes and delivery.

thats over double the BL box! just for a bhp figure u plucket out the sky with 9k budget :blink:

cooling is very important! heat kills boxes! i have a 25 row and a high powered spal fan for the oil cooler! doin ok at the mo have to see in summer

thats over double the BL box! just for a bhp figure u plucket out the sky with 9k budget :blink:

cooling is very important! heat kills boxes! i have a 25 row and a high powered spal fan for the oil cooler! doin ok at the mo have to see in summer

Are you running a temp gauge mate i would say a must have ? ;)