The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering Wheel shaking on airfield day braking

optim8

I did an airfield day at Colerne at the weekend. Couple of days before I got all my wheels rebalanced as I have for a while had a bit of steering shake around 75mph.

Anyway when I got to the track, first lap was fine, second lap I got some steering wheel shaking under braking, and third lap was not nice at all:(. I ended up spending the day doing about 3 - 4 laps at a time and then leaving the car for 20 mins to cool down.

Any suggestions what could be going on here? I'm running 17inch wheels, on stock UK Brakes. I have Nylon Spigot Rings fitted. Another thing that might be worth mentioning is I have had an o/s front knocking when going over bumps which has been checked by 2 different garages with nothing apparent found. Sub Frame bolts maybe?

Incidently on the way home from Colerne anything above 60mph didn't feel too good either!!