The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fastest 1/4 mile road legal UK supra

Guest ChrisW!

Guest ChrisW!

Hi guys,

I know i've posted this in the newbies thread but i thought that not everyone looks in there.

What i'dlike to know is; what is the UK official 1/4 mile record for a street legal supra, with an MOT, on road legal tyres, at a drag strip.

Thanks in advance,

ChrisW

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I know i've posted this in the newbies thread but i thought that not everyone looks in there.

What i'dlike to know is; what is the UK official 1/4 mile record for a street legal supra, with an MOT, on road legal tyres, at a drag strip.

Thanks in advance,

ChrisW

Most people give up with road legal supras when they get to the 9s. As a hobby it will crucify people, so it is normally as part of a company that they try. And the work required to make a street car go lower than 9s far outweighs the benefits when in the same day the tubbed out, space frame monsters can run an 8 or 7 and get all the glory.

So thats why the street legal Supra time is where it is.

Define road legal tires??? Mine will have to run on e marked tires for the HKS series but would you want to run on tires with that much sidewall and 9psi pressure, so although they are road legal in the state they need to be to run 9's they road useable, I will get some new 17" drag radials and see what it runs too.

I will persist with the black car until it runs mid 8's with all its glass and stereo etc, then it will prob get sold and i'll build a quick one thats stripped out.:eyebrows:

Edited by dude (see edit history)

I may be of some assistance with this. Mine was the slowest supra at suprapod last year. 16 seconds at something like 85mph.

Thanking you :)

Well hands down I thought it would have been yours :p

Oh no...I seem to have misplaced my camera :D

I am going for the fully road legal theme on my project :D Some good relavent discussions in there.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158799

With respect dude, although your car is road legal there is a vast difference between that and a 'Road' car, to me it has to have all the glass, air con, stereo, PAS etc and the sort of thing you can jump in and drive down to Malaga in. Ive seen plenty of race cars with MOT's, lets face it we all a know where we can get those done.

So there is a vast difference, either way they are great fun so klet the madness comence, I will be the one on the line with my AC on listening to Barbie Girl!!!!:blink:

With respect dude, although your car is road legal there is a vast difference between that and a 'Road' car, to me it has to have all the glass, air con, stereo, PAS etc and the sort of thing you can jump in and drive down to Malaga in. Ive seen plenty of race cars with MOT's, lets face it we all a know where we can get those done.

So there is a vast difference, either way they are great fun so klet the madness comence, I will be the one on the line with my AC on listening to Barbie Girl!!!!:blink:

Yeah understood mate, I am new to this drag thing anyways:innocent:... so i gotta get a stereo (Nokia N95)

and a fridge (England) :D

p.s. My MOT on the Blue car was done by an inspector i had never used before and no special "Passes" where used. Either way it all boils down to personal preferance and weighing up the pro's and cons of weight gains vs confortability. Any tuning is always a trade off.

Guest ChrisW!
Any reason for wanting to know or just sh*ts and giggles?

Thanks for the replys guys, the reason i'm asking is because my american friend has just moved over and we are looking at building a road legal supra with approx. 750whp, then when he's sold his trucks, cars and bikes in Texas, we're going to build it into a road legal monster to take to the pod to break some records. :eyebrows:

Thanks for the replys guys, the reason i'm asking is because my american friend has just moved over and we are looking at building a road legal supra with approx. 750whp, then when he's sold his trucks, cars and bikes in Texas, we're going to build it into a road legal monster to take to the pod to break some records. :eyebrows:

You aint gonna break too many records with 750 whp dude:blink:

The fastest person on the board with road legal tyres is Robbie at present with a 10.6 as far as i can see.

A well setup car with 750rwhp should break that imo although as always things move on and that record may be broken soon if the man above has anything to do with it.

750WHP is until he's sold up in the US and he can afford the big build!

I know of 2 cars that you will be about 600rwhp behind dude (on race fuel) JP looks like he will be over 1000, Lee P the same and mine might not be too shabby;), but will be good to see another big number car out there, just shout if you need any help or assistance.

The fastest person on the board with road legal tyres is Robbie at present with a 10.6 as far as i can see.

A well setup car with 750rwhp should break that imo although as always things move on and that record may be broken soon if the man above has anything to do with it.

I cant find any old tickets but the silver car ran a couple of 10.6's and the terminals were higher up in the 130's, what tires did Kev Huntley use, if they were drag radials then its him .