The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra back to how it should be *pics*

The-Plethora

Around December I had an incident when my bonnet flew up (low speeds only 40 ish) and along with damaging the bonnet it also smashed the windscreen, dented the roof and caused paint damage elsewhere.

Its taken some time to get all the different bits sorted from various placed but I picked up the final part today which was the bonnet which Simon (Baldy) had been working on.

Pics below. (only phone camera)

The paint was tricky to match as it was resprayed in a non standard colour previously but very happy with how it turned out and Simon managed to match it.

The windscreen has been replaced now, dents taken out of the roof and been painted and replaced some plastic panneling.

Many thanks to Simon for all his hard work, Keron for finding me a scuttle pannel and especially Colin (Chingy) who was good enough to lend me his stock black bonnet while the bonnet was away which meant I could still use the car, great club spirit. :)

If you take away anything from reading this MAKE SURE THAT YOUR OWN CAR HAS A SAFETY BONNET CATCH! Dont take the risk.

Edited by The-Plethora (see edit history)

If you take away anything from reading this MAKE SURE THAT YOUR OWN CAR HAS A SAFETY BONNET CATCH! Dont take the risk.

This is why I'll never have another Supra with a fibreglass bonnet. Stock just makes so much more sense after seeing the FG bonnet bow to create a 3" gap between it and the wings at speed.

The paintwork looks great :)

Nice to see her back to normal mate, was gutted to hear about the bonnet. The colour is called Pirate Black (cant remember if its from Nissan or Honda, I thought i emailed you this but sorry if you didn't receive it). Contact Kwok form Kode Performance in kent to find out.

Hope everything else is going good and that you are still enjoying her.

Jim :)

Yep Jim its all going ok. I gave up on those coolant hoses and got some Do-Luck ones, I think the internal diameter of the old one was ever so slighlty too large and I couldnt get a good fit, no leaks now though.

My only immediate problems are to sort a rear brake disc, the passenger side rear caliper seemed to bind and damage the pad (didnt notice with the grunt the car has), I guess it heated the disc up to silly levels and then I must have gone through a puddle or something and the change in temprature cracked the disc, its drivable but needs doing.

The exhaust is just about holding on but I have had a quote of £100 to replace the crappy mild steel section which I thought was pretty good, just skint now till pay day though :(

The colour is called Pirate Black (cant remember if its from Nissan or Honda,

that would of helped loads but we got there in the end.

the formula i ended up with is very near to the honda formula.

dave

nice to see it back how it should be