The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thought i would try my hand at Vinyl wrappping (3m Dinoc Carbon Film)

ManwithSupra

Thought i would get some and do my window trim,

I ended up running out so could not do the rear qtr's.... but will order more

I think it looks good.

I was going to see if i can acutally get these parts made in carbon fibre but the weight saving would be minimal anyway and cost was high.

What do you think?

attachment.php?attachmentid=107278&stc=1&d=1269705375

attachment.php?attachmentid=107279&stc=1&d=1269706023

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Wher did you buy it from.

Would it be possible to laqure over it to give it the effect that a resin has be used and also to help seal it in against wind and rain when driving, as it may look bad if it starts to lift at the front edge.

Good effort though fella it looks really good.

Geat idea and great job...Can do mine if you want.lol

Looking to get my dash done in carbon effect.do you think this material would be suitable to do the job.How is it for forming around moulded sections?? Also how much would the material cost me to cover the dash area do you think

ive got some of this stuff done my gear surround at the mo going to finish off the rest of the dash ,but i never thought of using outside do you reckon it will be weather proof enough ??

I have seen other installs where the film has been used outside (wing mirrors, trim etc) so i guess its fine but i suppose time will tell, the stuff is pretty durable and quite difficult to remove without a heat gun so should stand up to the weather.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you washed the car yet and is this stuff still on?

Some scumbags have taken a knife to those areas on my car and subsequently made it look naff. I am not sure how to fix it, but this looks like an option - provided its durable enough.