The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz gte water temperture

stel

hi all

need some help please.as some of you may know that i have a s13 200sx with a 2jz engine fitted..its been a long project and has gone very well.

since we have had the engine running the water temp has always been around the 94c mark on idle.yesturday was the 1st time we have driven the car after 2 years of hard work and was going really well.then the water temp starting going over the 100c mark.all we was doing is a light tune with steve @ fctuning with my haltech pro 2000.

so lastnight my cousin removed the thermostate and its still the same.i have a feeling its my radiator fan as i only have a one fitted to my alloy rad..

what i would like to know is what do the 2jz runs temperture wize?on idle and cruising around.

many thanks

stel

hi mate,

mine runs at 80 degrees when its warmed up, and on normal driving.

youve still got the viscous fan cooling it havent you?

what about the shroud?

guess you could always use an electric fan on the other side of the rad to help?

i am using a thicker ali rad.there is no room to mount the standard viscus fan in the s13,so i have mounted a one electric fan on the other side of the rad.i have found a couple of thin electric 12" fans so im thinking of cutting my slam panel to move the radiator forward so i can fit them as normal.

do you think it will make any differance if the fans are on the outside of the rad or in the inside?

Guest argy911

The fan only comes on when the car is stoped .

Also your better off drilling holes in the thermoste or geting a performance one .

If the car is running too hot you'll have to check the basics ,could be a your radaitor is cheap quility one.

the rad is fine and brandnew,my cousin is using the same one on his drift car thats doing just fine.i think my problem is the way i have fitted the fan on the outside and is pulling the hot air towards the intercooler.

Also your better off drilling holes in the thermoste or geting a performance one .

You're going to have to run the thinking behind that bodge past me again. What's the perceived benefit of drilling holes in the 'stat? Is there such a things as a "performance" thermostat? What does that do then?