The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry, another "how much is my car worth" post

michael

I'll keep it as short as I can but I'd appreciate it if those in the know could suggest a value for my car....

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/pics-10-5-04/DCP_4137.jpg

It's a UK TT Auto in original Astral Black, 94 on an L plate with a little over 90,000 miles and a full Toyota service history until July 2003 when I decided to take the car elsewhere - Toyota basically did me a 'full' service just after I bought the car in June 2003 and I wasn't impressed. Since then it's had 2 coolant flushes, oil changes every 3000 miles, new gearbox oil, new diff oil and so on, I'm an advocate of looking after a car!

When I bought the car last June it was 100% standard, black paint, ivory leather etc - I soon felt the need for a little more power and added 2 Chris Wilson decat pipes, a Nur Spec R and an AVC-R which had been running 1.2 > 1.3 bar on the odd occassions the car has been used to it's full potential.

Within the past 2 months it's had the following parts fitted:

New UK spec Turbos (oil seals worn and shaft play)

ARC SMIC

HKS Hardpipe Kit

IK24 Plugs

4 new brake disks (from CJ's group buy)

Hawk Brake Pads all round (HP+)

Goodridge Brake Hoses

2 x Shock Absorbers

A set of Eibach Springs

Various ENVY engine bay 'Bling' parts

2 new glass headlamps

A new Toyota badge for the front

In addition to the above I've also added the following things over the past 12 months:

Light smoke window tint all round

Emin's Blue Dash light conversion

Apexi AVC-R

TRL FCD

2x Chris Wilson Decat Pipes

Blitz NuR Spec R Exhaust

Standard alloys refurbed in "Chrome Shadow"

ProCarParts White lenses

Toyota White side repeaters

Prior to replacing the turbos, fitting the hardpipes and ARC SMIC I got a repectable 352.6 at the Hubs down at Thor (who setup and installed the AVC-R for me at the same time) - I've had the car on the rollers following each set of mods to ensure it's running 100% - it's been looked after!

The highest power reading I've had for it was 419.5bhp at "Top Gear" - this was before the last round of mods and it was spinning the wheels on the dyno, at a recent visit to John Nobles (the day I collected the car after the turbos and IC had been installed) it produced 384.7bhp @ 1.1bar - obviously the car has the potential to run 1.3 > 1.4 bar but I wanted to make sure it was OK following the work.

So that's my life story.... now it's your turn to scare me with a valuation :(

Originally posted by suprarob

why are you selling?

I've had my time with the Supra, it's been fun but it's time for something else now - don't get me wrong I love the car to bits but it's rare I get to exploit it's potential in full and therefore the car is wasted on me.

Having just moved house my journey to work involves a junction on the M62, one on the M1 and then one on the M621 - hardly the most thrilling environment to have fun :)

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

What you fancying next?

I'm considering going back to MR2s but also thinking about just enjoying lots of more "average" cars for a while or getting a barge like a GS300 Vortex / S8 / M5 etc

Still undecided but a wad of cash usually helps solve that :)

Michael, it looks in great nick and from your description has the ideal improvements, especially the new lights, SMIC, and turbo's / seals which are things that on most uk cars will still be the originals, and shabby / worn.

Whats left that could cost you short term? not alot i can think of! maybe a rad etc? but most of the big 'what if' type costs are already 'repaired' with this car.

Personally this would promote the car above a lower mileage 'original' car for me, but i suspect the mileage will to a point put off those not in the know.........

(Not saying advertise it for this) but maybe £10.5-11K possibly a little more?

good luck :)

Thanks for the input Scooter, as you say I've tried to refresh all the usual tired components, from what I can see the previous owner had replaced the radiator already, I presume it got killed by a stone / boulder or something similar - all in all it's a car that should give someone a lot of cheap motoring for a while, because I'm stupid it looks like that someone won't be me :)

I was reading this and thought the same as Scooter and Rosie - £10.5 - 11k and then I read...

4 new brake disks (from CJ's group buy)

Well, if that doesn't impress the feck out of potential buyers AND put at least a grand on the value nothing will! :p

Good luck with the sale Michael :thumbs: