The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT - Fog light switch and light question.

icemanv6

Hey guys,

I've got my foglight wired up (thanks to JS2004), It's mainly behind all of the pannelling in the car, however there wasn't quite enough wire for it to reach down to the dash, so I just want to tape the wire upto the dash for the meantime.

It currently comes out around the carpet/panel near the hinge of the door, what I want to know is, will it be ok if I just tape the wire (it's covered so not bare) upto the dash and the switch as a quickfix for the MOT?

Is there anything that says in the MOT that says it has to be mounted into the dash, as long as it' secure will there be a problem?

Also, my foglight conversion is in the reverse light, if I have a redbulb/painted red will it be a problem or does that lense need to be red too.

Cheers.

Yea, the fog light switch illuminates no problem :) It's just more a case of is it ok that the final bit of wiring will be taped upto the dash (basically we ran out of wire, so this is like a quickfix). If it's fine then it's not a problem, otherwise i'll need to go get some more wire tomorrow and try and get it put behind the dash!

the fog light switch must illuminate to meet mot regulations by the way

i used the the reverse light same as you and we mot test cars and that thats fine what you have done

Ok sounds good, so now it's just a case of if it's ok with the wire and switch being taped lol.

My fog lights are wired to the inner two brake lights as I have 4 brake lights (+the high level light) I assume this must be ok as it had it's mot at the begining of the month, personally i like it as it keeps it's symitary