The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone on here refurbish wheels?

adam1983

The laquer on one of the rear wheels has cracked and started building up water and dirt in there. I removed the laquer as i thought it was better than just leaving water trapped in there. There was a bit of corrosion there due to it so needs a bit of a clean up.

Was wondering if there was anyone on here that would be able to either give me a hand sorting it out or pointing me in the right direction to someone who can help.

I live in nottingham so somewhere close by would be best but i dont mind travelling a bit if it means getting them sorted.

Thanks for any help :)

cheers guys,

might try giving Irbar Jabber a call and see what he says. only problem for me though is that i dont have any replacement wheels whilst they are getting done so will need them doing over the weekend as it is my daily driver.

weekend in birmingham doesnt sound too bad though :D

Ibrar is a top bloke and can usually offer a 24hour turn around depending on the condition of your wheels. :D

The actual corrosion on the wheel is not that bad to be fair. I have deep dish alloys and its on part of the dish where the corrosion is so i wouldnt have thought it would be too much hassle. Would need it re laquering though and i have no idea how i would do that. I think that would require taking the tyre off which is something i cant do myself.:shrug: