The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock front bumper and bonnet prices from Toyota?

James

Following on from L33's thread about the stock rubber "splitter" being £400 from Toyota, how much is a stock front bumper and also how much is a stock bonnet?

I tried phoning the parts department at Toyota this evening but they were shut very sharp so I'd need to wait until tomorrow but I'm trying to work a couple of things out ASAP so if anyone knew that'd be great!

Thanks! :)

I looked into a few things at work, for the uk spec bonnet and everything needed it was close to £1400 ( I pay stock plus 5%) got mine for £150 in red in the end of a member on here!

Also checked for an active front spoiler with motor,mechanism and undertray etc, £1700!

Paid £100 for mine :p

And black vinyl roofliner out of a facelift , £700 without visors! Paid £19 for mine ;)

Toyota prices are stupid for some parts, but things like facelift rear lights are a very good price!

Well, you see, I had a bit of a bump this afternoon and I'm in need of a bumper and bonnet.

Have spoken to both my insurers and the garage which will be involved and they have said that if the cost of aftermarket parts totals less than the cost of stock toyota replacement parts then I could opt for the aftermarket.

In other words, if Toyota are >£800 for a bonnet, I'd get a Seibon carbon one from Whifbitz.

If Toyota are >£732 for a front bumper, I'd get a replica Ridox with carbon lower section from Whifbitz.

I'll get in touch with Toyota tomorrow and find out. :)

The car is old and out of production, the parts are hardly produced anymore and are just selling off world stock so theres 90% of the expence, not to mention the car was 40k plus from new.

Some of the big parts are cheaper than modern day bmws and mercedes though.

It maybe a cheap car to buy now but doesnt mean that parts will be, i dont understand why people expect them to be :shrug:

On another note bumpers are roughly £400 but they come painted

I wasnt taking a dig mate, it just seems the general attitude towards cost of parts on here thats all :)

Wasnt directed at you.

Im pretty sure they come for about £400, id probly get one a little less with my dealer. Saying that i got a rear bumper which was mint condition, just needed painting the same colour as my car, for £30 posted off ebay :D

Ah, no worries mate :)

With regards to the prices - is it bad I kinda hope they are greater than the Whifbitz prices so I can make the relevant changes? :p

We shall see how it pans out.

I will post the prices as I get them for reference :)

When I my front bumper replaced, it cost the other guys insurance about £700 all in for a new bumper and spray, headlight washers, number plater holder, number plate and labour. That said, they charge less for the UK bumper. Must be the headlight washer holes :)

Well, you see, I had a bit of a bump this afternoon and I'm in need of a bumper and bonnet.

Have spoken to both my insurers and the garage which will be involved and they have said that if the cost of aftermarket parts totals less than the cost of stock toyota replacement parts then I could opt for the aftermarket.

In other words, if Toyota are >£800 for a bonnet, I'd get a Seibon carbon one from Whifbitz.

If Toyota are >£732 for a front bumper, I'd get a replica Ridox with carbon lower section from Whifbitz.

I'll get in touch with Toyota tomorrow and find out. :)

You better bloody not, dont want another Ridox Kitted Supra in Scotland, i like being Unique. :D

Im sure you can get bonnet and bumper off a Breaking car bud for pennies these days.

Perhaps not that relevant, but I've price checked the US for brand new front bumpers - $250 odd USD. Obviously, the shipping will be relatively expensive, but I reckon the combined cost - compared with the local Toyota cost - was definitely worth considering back home in Australia (and shipping to there is much more expensive than to here!).

Crazyness !!!! I know a stock spoiler was about £800 so I wouldn't be surprised. Toyota customer services are $#@!e though so be patient. Im still waiting for a call back on a price on something and Im not holding my breath

i just sold mine for £35 :blink: