The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to place wideband O2 gauge

TLicense

Originally posted by TLicense

All,

Where would you place a wideband 02 gauge? Before the cat or After? If before, before turbo or after.

At the moment mine has been placed after the cat. Shouldn't it be placed as close to the manifold as possible?

Cheers

Tony

I would place the gauge in the dash amte, not sure where would be best for the sensor though!

Ben..

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

I would place the gauge in the dash amte, not sure where would be best for the sensor though!

Ben..

oooooohhhhhh there's alway's one aint there. :twak:

Alright, alright the sensor, where'd ya put the sensor?

Originally posted by TLicense

Out of interest, where is the stock location?

I'm thinking about getting a downpipe (have been for ages much to Kevin's consternation - sp), and was wondering if it's going to be worth moving the probe from it's current location.

The stock location is in the cast surround of the turbos before the joint to Cat no. 1. You can see it if you look down towards the 1st cat when looking from the engine bay.

I got a pair of Decat pipes from CW, and I got the UK versions as they have another boss further down where Cat no. 2 should be, this is perfect according to CW to fit a Wideband.

HTH more than my first post. :p

Ben..

It deff needs to be after the turbo and before any cats.

You can remove the stock one from the top, its a bit tricky but can be done, I did mine a couple of times.

I have attached a pic of my old downpipe which shows the adapter using the stock mount.

:thumbs:

wideband.jpg

Cheers Chris,

Currently my probe ( :D ) has been placed about 500mm from the start of the 2nd cat replacement pipe I've got. Thing is I've still got the 1st cat in so it probably not given me anything like a correct reading right?

Y'see it all kicked off as I was going to set the ECU up into closed loop feedback from the 02 sensor, but then figured remembered something about the probe ( :D - can't help it) positioning.

Hmmm you wouldn't have guessed that it was one of the most respected Supra tuning companies around that did it then would you? I guess it must have been some kind of oversight.

If I remove the 1st cat, will having it placed so far down the system on the 2nd decat pipe be any worse/better than placing it on the 1st decat pipe? Will it effect the response time of it?

Cheers

Originally posted by Chris Wilson

At least 12 inches from the ports, and before any cat(s). My 2nd cat replacement pipe can be furnished with a plugged flange to take a 2nd O2 sensor, ideal for wide band testing or those ecu's which will run a wideband.

Exactly where I've fitted mine, Chris :) Best of all, it's directly under the gearstick so you can route the wiring up through the gaiter straight into the car rather than running it along the floorpan.

-Ian