The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi All

Guest 2JZ-FTW

Guest 2JZ-FTW

Hey all,

My names Brad i'm 26 from the West Midlands. Im currently driving a RenaultSport Megane but i'm waiting until the insurance comes down for all the jap stuff.

Just noticed the forum and i'm a big fan of Supras. Im seriously looking at getting one but want advice on what setup to have so its not stupid on fuel but will still turn heads.

Been looking at T78 Supra setups on youtube and the fact that they can slay lambo's and motorbikes is really appealing but a bit to much for me.

What horsepower would everyone recommend and how much money would it be to get one to a decent setup.

Not sure if i want to go down the single conversion route unless its worth it. As fair as i know the 2JZ engine is good for 1000bhp? So not much needs to be done on the internals?

Anyways thanks for reading my introduction and i look forward to chatting to you all :)

Welcome :)

The engine has been known to generate quite a bit more than 1000bhp ;) however, the T78 design is quite an old turbo now in design terms, and has been superseded by higher tech units which make more power earlier in the rev range. Have a good trawl through this site and you'll find all the information you'd ever need. You'll need to pay up first though :D

Any pics of the Renault? I like a good Renaultsport car.

Guest 2JZ-FTW

Will have to see about a membership when i'm closer to getting a Sup, as requested heres a few pics of the Renny. Its one of the last Phase 1's to be built before the Phase 2 F1 & R26's replaced them. Its an import in one of the few colours that were less common and its running around 235-240ish but needs a larger intercooler and a remap should see 260odd.

Couldnt bare the stock exhaust and the whistle it generated so decided to be different and opted for a system with no boxes at all, running the standard bore system from cat back with larger tail pipes

Tried nearly every dump valve possible for the Megane but none of them seemed to run properly so opted for the SSQV-II mainly because its pull relief rather than push so it sorted leaky boost propblems out.

The last few pics were just as the zorst was fitted and was at the time when the weather was pretty crap so thats why its so dirty lol, thats my excuse anyway.

Exhaust pops and bangs pretty well but its got nothing on the sound of a supra but it does turn heads quite well and is a pretty nifty pocket rocket. Most Scoobs running under 290 get a run for their money so i cant moan really.

Edited by 2JZ-FTW (see edit history)