Generally which is considered best...

jackso11

What is your preference  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference

• Facelift supra
    • Pre-facelift supra

Facelift or pre-facelift?

I Have had 2 pre-facelift cars now and personally I prefer them due to the lack of reflecters on the bumper, 3 dials and digital ODO. I have noticed recently a few posts saying that the finish was better on the pre-facelifts too but not sure why.

What do people generally think?

I know when I first looked at supras the first car I saw was a gunmetal facelift not yet registered and I just assumed it was older than the second I saw due to the non-digital odo. This was years ago, I had no idea what to look for. I noticed the dash had been removed in the past and thought it must have been clocked....now I know the dash coming off is quite a regular thing on the supra! spraying, stereo fitting, blue dash, dials, etc...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think the facelift car is a better vehicle due to..

Headlights

Rear Lights - although on a black car the older style doesnt bother me

Black carpet and headlining

Better dash without the rubber crap, although once sprayed, flocked, wrapped, it makes no odds

Snow mode on the auto's, if you like that kinda thing

Better TC

and im sure lots more :)

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Facelift here too, for many of the reasons above.

The only thing I don't like about the Facelift is the ODO, and more specifically the trip counter. I had two trip counters on my Pre-Facelift, which could go up to 9,999 miles, on the Facelift I've got one limited to 999 miles. Believe it or not 999 miles isn't enough!

I do agree lights and black carpet are better on facelifts, bit I have changed both of those :D OBDII on facelifts? Was that all of them?is there a way to get OBDII on pre-facelifts, such as putting a facelift ecu onboard?

Only on VVTis, and a VVTi ECU will not work with Non VVTI.

Subquestion; how many who have voted in this poll can honestly say they've either owned both or have looked at both and chosen?
Probably loads of us.

I've had two facelift Supras, one Tip one 6sp.

I've had two pre-facelift Supes, one auto one 6sp.

I prefer facelift ones, especially the VVTi ones.

On the other hand, I hate the cloth seats with the horrible pattern that a lot of Facelifts come with.

Probably loads of us.

I've had two facelift Supras, one Tip one 6sp.

I've had two pre-facelift Supes, one auto one 6sp.

I prefer facelift ones, especially the VVTi ones.

On the other hand, I hate the cloth seats with the horrible pattern that a lot of Facelifts come with.

Agreed, I prefer facelift as well, with a set of recaro leathers :)

Does it really matter ?

Its still a supra either way with the same Engine (bar the vvti) and Body (be it some minor changes like lights and bumper).

Most of the supra's facelift or not will be ruined by aftermarket bodykits anyway.

I think if you like what you have got then it does not really matter.

When i was buying mine i went to see a few pre facelift and facelift supra's, i honestly felt that my pre facelift one suited me better and thats the one i dove home in :D

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

haha.

I have the braided type of dipstick and think its rubbish. Reason being when you pull it out it leaves a bit of oil in the pip, then when you wipe it and put it back in, next pull out the fat bit onthe end scoops the oil off the sides of the pipe. Makes it look like the oil is way over full all the time.