The mkiv Supra Owners Club

60mpg supra

seamybaby

Well ive just ran out of lpg this morning...................lol

Filled the tank last sat 13th march and did 385 kilometers.....:p

Thats approx 240 miles on 8 gallon of gas at 58ppl.....:Pling:

So at petrol prices my supra is doing approx 60mpg.....:D

And i have found another place that does it for 53ppl....:Pling::)

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pling::Pling::D:D:cool:

I'm definately going down this route with my next car.

Why spend hundreds (or even thousands) on an uprated fuel system when you could install a high performance one of these for similar cost with the added benefit of halved fuel costs?

Does your setup include oil squirters?

very good news :) I cant remember but is your car stock? Could it cope using lpg at bpu levels to?

No reason why not, it's higher octane than petrol. The only percieved downside is that *apparently* it can cause premature internal engine wear (although they fit oil squirters with some of the kits now that *apparently* fix this)

Also LPG stations are scarce in some areas, although you can switch back to petrol when needed.

hardly a downside,if its going to explode a cage would do you little good..................lol

Some wire gauze might buy you some time.

To be fair, if someone cut open a standard full petrol tank and lit the fumes, the result would be similarly dramatic to the LPG cylinder photo.

Make sure you have the filters changed very regularly, not all LPG is nice clean new stuff, a lot gets recycled along with the crap in the tanks it is collected from. I would never go back to LPG after my multipiont system fed gas in as well as petrol on start up. The car would not start unknown to me, the exhaust filled up with petrol vapour and LPG. When it did start the explosion was spectacular, my new landrover V8 exhaust was ripped apart and my ears were ringing for days.

The gas tanks have to withstand massive impacts so are incredibly strong so there is no rise of these exploding unless the tank is faulty. Petrol is a lot less flammable than people think, (flooded engine?) So tanks are thin comparatively, LPG on the other hand.......

Well ive just ran out of lpg this morning...................lol

Filled the tank last sat 13th march and did 385 kilometers.....:p

Thats approx 240 miles on 8 gallon of gas at 58ppl.....:Pling:

So at petrol prices my supra is doing approx 60mpg.....:D

And i have found another place that does it for 53ppl....:Pling::)

HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pling::Pling::D:D:cool:

Im getting mine done as well.Have you any pics of the tank etc?