The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for hp documentation for JDM 2JZ-GTE

Kristian_Wraae

Since I live in a country where almost any kind of tuning is illegal (stupid Denmark!!!) I need some documentation to do an engine swap.

I have a mkIII Supra and we are only allowed a 20% increase in power. So with stock 235 hp I'm allowed 282 hp.

So I can swap in a JDM 2JZ-GTE. The only thing I need is a document stating that a Japanese MKIV has 280 hp.

Does anyone have such a document? Or know where to get it?

Anyone willing to share it?

We pay a registration tax and all cars are valued. When they are valued the horsepower rating is recorded.

The cars imported from Japan through the UK to Denmark are all listed in the central archives as having 280 hp.

So I just need that information on a piece of paper. I assume the information must come from some official document for it to end up in the registration database.

No they don't.

The point is if there is documentation there is no need to dyno.

Ahh I thought I read somewhere that they put them on the dyno if they suspect they are making more power than said.

In that case why not just mod the hell out of the engine you have but keep it looking stock?

Is that a loophole? As long as it looks stock and you have paperwork for the stock engine you can do what you like and it won't be dyno'd?

Unfortunately I think such documentation is very rare. Your best chance would probably be the UK documents but they will quote 326 which is no use to you.

Ahh I thought I read somewhere that they put them on the dyno if they suspect they are making more power than said.

In that case why not just mod the hell out of the engine you have but keep it looking stock?

Is that a loophole? As long as it looks stock and you have paperwork for the stock engine you can do what you like and it won't be dyno'd?

Unfortunately I think such documentation is very rare. Your best chance would probably be the UK documents but they will quote 326 which is no use to you.

Well, I'd like a 2JZ-GTE. It is a better engine than the 7M. Prettier too.

Also a stock 2JZ-GTE can be very potent with increased boost pressure and upgraded turbos.

I would just assume that the 280 hp would appear somewhere for it to end up in the official documents i Denmark. Where else would they get it from?

Well, I'd like a 2JZ-GTE. It is a better engine than the 7M. Prettier too.

Also a stock 2JZ-GTE can be very potent with increased boost pressure and upgraded turbos.

I would just assume that the 280 hp would appear somewhere for it to end up in the official documents i Denmark. Where else would they get it from?

What sort of documentation is required? Is a brochure for the Supra good enough or would something more be required?

Would the fact that all Japanese cars were restricted to 276bhp during that time help? That is a well documented fact, of course they lied about the power they produced lol.

I think what would be needed is a registration stating the 280 hp.

When I look up a JDM Supra here I get this:

Art Personbil

Mærke TOYOTA

Model SUPRA

Typebetegnelse 3,0 TURBO

Registreret 1. gang 01/08-1993

Karosseri type / antal døre COUPE 3 døre

Motor Cylindre 3000 cc 280 HK ventiler

Gear / drivkraft / km 006 / BENZIN / 182000 KM

Ekstraudstyr Vurderingsprisen afhænger af udstyrsniveau og

køretøjets stand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Værdiansat pr. 16/02-2007

Oprindelig nypris incl.afg. 0

Afgiftspligtig værdi 69000

Registreringsafgift 119175

Handelspris inkl. afgift 188175

You can see the 3000 cc and the 280 hk (hk = hp)

The 280 hp must come from some kind of official document to end up in the archives.

The eurospec MKIV's are listed as 330 hp.

Guest Twilight

Do you have the donor- vehicle's VIN number somewhere?

TÜV can write you a offical test certificate which states all the EU legislation directives and clarifies that the JDM MKIV Supra TT- will pass them. Inlcluding the engine details, emissions and output.

Common problem in Finland since the JDM- model was not certified for EU market, like the Export model was. Basically its the same car, but you need a offical document which clarifies this.

If the offical brochures or technical details wont work in Denmark, that would be the offical solution for it. It is something around 200-300,00 EUR for the document. I can help you with TÜV details if necessary.