The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilovers ?

Supra_Sean

Ok so im thinking this is next on the list, What ones are the best to get and wheres the best place to get them from, Im not minted so dont want the best there is sorta thing ?

Also, How hard/easy are they to fit on the supra? I fitted some on my old civic coupe and that wasnt too bad apart from a few rounded off nuts.

Ok so im thinking this is next on the list, What ones are the best to get and wheres the best place to get them from, Im not minted so dont want the best there is sorta thing ?

Also, How hard/easy are they to fit on the supra? I fitted some on my old civic coupe and that wasnt too bad apart from a few rounded off nuts.

I got some BC Racing ones from Whifbitz, great quality @ a good price £550 ish

You cant realy adjust rebound rates with an angle grinder darryl! :D

My cordless drill says different :D

But yes, I know what you're saying, the OP's question would be best phrased as "what adjustable suspension suits my requirements".

...Although the requirments are not stated, other than a very low purchase price.

So, in summary, the OP's question is "What very cheap adjustable suspension should I consider purchasing?", or "What very cheap lowered suspension should I consider purchasing?"

My cordless drill says different :D

But yes, I know what you're saying, the OP's question would be best phrased as "what adjustable suspension suits my requirements".

...Although the requirments are not stated, other than a very low purchase price.

So, in summary, the OP's question is "What very cheap adjustable suspension should I consider purchasing?", or "What very cheap lowered suspension should I consider purchasing?"

Homer what is coilovers exactly then? I thaught all coilovers were adjustable, clearly i'm wrong :(

Homer what is coilovers exactly then? I thaught all coilovers were adjustable, clearly i'm wrong :(

"spring over shock absorber"

They are Spring & damper unit where the suspension spring (coil) is mounted over the shock absorber. I.e. it's a single unit, rather than the coil being mounted to the suspension arm separately to the damper.

I would always say that it's best to save up and get the very best part(s) to fit to your car, especially something as special as a Supra, otherwise you're just going to end up possibly spending the money twice if you decide to upgrade again in the future.

If you can afford to put aside £500 a month for your car, why not wait 3 months and get a nice set of Tein Mono Flex (picture here)? Or wait another month still and get the same with EDFC (picture here)?

Bad pics but how much would you say this would need lowering then?

This all depends on what "look" you want to achieve balanced with how practical you need your car to remain (for speed bumps, etc). With 18s and Mono Flex coilovers, I went for a 25mm drop at the front and about a 5mm drop at the rear so I could actually drive further than 15' in our nation's fair capital. Still looks mean, adds a touch of "rake" to the stance and is as practical as a Supra is ever going to be!

"spring over shock absorber"

They are Spring & damper unit where the suspension spring (coil) is mounted over the shock absorber. I.e. it's a single unit, rather than the coil being mounted to the suspension arm separately to the damper.

Ah ok that makes sence ;)

If you want the best value for money suspension out there you will not do any better than a Chris Wilson (club member) set-up.

He offers German made Bilstein suspension (stock Supra fitment) which are widely regarded as one of the best brands on the market.

But for a similar outlay to the Tein set-up he will customise the coilovers to suit your exact requirements with custom spring rates, re-worked internals, adjustable ride height, everything you need to get the most from the chassis.

All that plus the knowledge that the work was carried out by a true master of the game and the security that in the coming years all the parts are completely servicable by Chris.

I want this man to build me a suspension package for my track car and if I had £500/month going spare I'd be on the phone to him tomorrow.

Buy once, buy the best.