The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Upcoming project, need help.

salihbjk

Since I got my supra now, I'm thinking of what to do next? The car already has so much in it, I actually am going to need to detune it a bit :)

Thinking to go around 800hp, so I need to figure out which cams, exhaust and turbo I'm going to go with. The car already has the proper custom intercooler, manifolds.. and all the pipings including the downpipe-midpipe will be done custom. So basically I'm in need of cams (thinking of either 264 or 272 - HKS), exhaust (muffler section only and I guess a 100 - 105 mm diameter should do it) a turbo and meth/water injection system.

I've been looking GT4088, GT4094 and HKS T04Z. I'd like to hear some opinions of those who's been using/used one of these turbos in their MKIV's. Responsiveness, top end power etc.. The price different is serious between GT's and HKS, I'm curious if it would worth it?

Also I need to replace the dash parts with new OEM ones, not carbon or any other stuff, looking for regular old looks :) where is the best place I can buy the whole dash kit?

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Salih

Edited by salihbjk (see edit history)

Hi Salih,

Not to sure about the single turbo stuff, but no doubt some more experienced member will be able to help you with that. Out of interest there is quite a good thread on here with regards to Single turbo's and ECU's which shows what dyno powers people have been achieving.

Link

With regards to the panels in the car. I got a complete 6 spd set for £350 although that was a few years back. Paul Whiffin here on the forum does sets of dash panels for about the same price. Again see link.

Link to dash panels

Hope this helps.

Garrett Turbos and HKS are nearly identical, as both are manufactured by Garrett - the main difference, as far as I know, is that HKS have some proprietary housings that mean boost comes on harder and they make slightly more power.

T04Z won't make 800, and you might be pushing it on the 40 series. I think you'd have to go 71mm or bigger to achieve that comfortably.