The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help!

Guest mikeimagez

Guest mikeimagez

hello

im trying to buy a supra but really have no clue what the options are for getting one, as i cant afford to have one imported (i dont think) i just want a normal n/a standered car as thats probably all i can afford, i wouldnt mind a crash repair or any thing like that i just want to get my foot on the ladder then i can start modifing it etc, a friend mentioned the auctions but does any one know what sort of price they go for there??

basically is there any way off getting a supra on a budjet?

if i cant get one iv been offered a skyline, but i reaaly want a supra!!

any help would be excellent and thanks for taking the time to read this,

mike

Originally posted by mikeimagez

basically is there any way off getting a supra on a budjet?

Aside from stealing one, no ;)

There are some bargains around, but the running costs are representative of a car that cost £40k plus new. If you manage to get one on the cheap, you will probably pay for it in the long run.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

Erm, would that be the one that is at the bottom of the ocean right now? :eek:

Ben..

Could be!! see how helpful I am. I blame Paul for not updating his for sale section

Guest mikeimagez

whats the least i could expect to pay for one!

i would have carried on saving for one but iv just had surgery and cant drive for 6months so im hoping that i can get a "below average" car then i can do it upn over that period body and interior work i can do and to an extent engine work.

Some NA's have been seen around the 6-7k mark. But the insurance is a pain as a lot of companies don't recognise them and others charge you more than if you had a TT.

If you're under 25 you may find that you can't get insurance on an NA at all.

Guest mikeimagez

well iv got the insurance quote and its twice as much as my last car, but it would be worth it!

has any one actually been to an auction for one?

i dont want to travel down to one and find out i still cant afford it!!

IMO, its false economy to buy a 'bargain' Supra - things don't go wrong often but when they do its not cheap. Cheap cars are generally cheap for a reason.

Get busy with the search button, these threads mention the UK auctions:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19858&highlight=auctions

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20835&highlight=auctions

Guest mikeimagez

cheers

that was loads off help!

i know there are auctions in bristol ireland and southampton, does anybody know off any more?