The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£20,000 to spend. Any ideas???

Guest Supracar

Guest Supracar

I've been driving my 94 SZ automatic (standard except for OZ alloys and HKS Silent Hi-Power cat back) for about 6 months and whilst I am happy with it, my financial situation from approx. July will mean that (including the value of my car) I've got about £20,000 (maybe a bit more) to spend.

Better still my insurance brokers (Lifesure) have advised me that it will be less than an additional £75 to upgrade to a newer twin turbo.

As mine does now have classic status, I am toying with th idea of a much later twin turbo model, maybe with a (nice!) bodykit.

What's the newest I'd be able to get?

What would generally be considered the best model to get?

Alternatively, maybe even some of the diehards would suggest something else: others currently in the running eg. 2.7 Boxster (appro.1998), 911 (993) (approx. 1994/5), a LHD Ferrari 348 (approx 1992), Lotus Elise(approx. 2002/3) etc etc maybe I've missed something?

I'm looking for something a bit different with substantial power (or a Boxster :confused: )

It seemed a lot easier 5 years ago, when I had £4000 to spend and the choice was a Porsche 944 or a Porsche 944....

Any helpful contributions??

Originally posted by Supracar

As mine does now have classic status, I am toying with th idea of a much later twin turbo model, maybe with a (nice!) bodykit.

Are you on classic car insurance? I wasn't aware the MKIV had finally been deemed a classic...

If I had £20k, i'd get a nice, unmolested RZ-S and spend the rest on performance and handling mods :)

Originally posted by outatime

Are you on classic car insurance? I wasn't aware the MKIV had finally been deemed a classic...

Some classic car insurance companies only need the car to be 10 years or older. I'm on some sort of classic scheme I think :)

Cateram super 7 !!! (not very practical but hey who gives a foulk )

or what about that leon special soop, thats a monster !

but then if you can afford to drive a ferarri, thats the ultimate willy extension !

the more i think about spending 20k on a car the more i slaver !!!:p

save up another 10 grand, then youre in nice mid 90s ferrari money, or if youre completely nuts, newer model dodge vipers!!!

dodge vipers are fantastic lookin cars IMHO!!!

(shame about the LHD, insurance, maintenence, lack of ability to get round courners...)

:baa:

Lack of ability to get round corners? Don't think so: Look at the handling course at TOTB. Awesome machines.

i was talking about me, not the car (honest) :)

the poor around corners impression i got was from this:

http://reprints.topgear.com/4612.pdf

georgeous car!!!!

They do only come in RHD though, thats right isnt it???

Coz thats the main thing that puts me off the viper,

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Well as I only saw 1 at Japfest I reckon a Honda NSX is the way to go. Look for a minter with low miles on around a J-K reg and retain that classic car age with jap reliability Oh and a stormin norman of a car.

The nsx to get is the 98+ ones - they have more horses and bigger brakes etc....

or as DB suggested an earlier one and supercharge the fecker !