The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm horn

David P

Whatever you do make sure it doesn't go off in the night for no reason! I had a car here last year that kept false triggering and often at night. After getting up 4 times in one night to go out to it I saw red and ripped the hooter out of the engine bay. The damned thing still went on hooting with all the wires pulled out of it, albeit slightly more quietly and I had to drop a concrete block on it shut it up. I just hate, REALLY hate car alarms and immobilisers ;)

*mental note not to take my car to CW*

The oem horn sounds very gay, so you would cringe if it did go off. Anyone trying to steal it in a public area would be ridiculed though.

Gay horn eh :limp:

Must remember to put that on my upgrade list :D

It does go off sometimes, but only when provoked by loud low frequency noises, maybe Chris is a chainsaw snorer?

But that aside, does anyone know if this proposed re-wire is possible?

Since modifying the engine, cruise at 100mph is now only around 1mm of pedal depression and cruise at 70mph is around 0.5mm.

With such a fine tolerance, it has become difficult to regulate cruising speed.

My Supra already has the loom, so adding cruise control, is 'plug and play'.

Ultimately, I will redesign the throttle cable ramp, but this 'patch' will do for now.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I haven't quite worked it out yet either :think:

It is a standard size throttle body that I have taper reamed from entry to just short of the butterfly.

The only explanation I can come up with is, the cold air ram, plenum, insulation and cold air ventilation are working very well.

Because the air inducted is cooler and denser, there is more of it.

Click the link below to see pics.