The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Protection from speeding

Fifty

:)

Apart from the obvious just what is the best set up you can get for maximum protection against being caught.

I know there are lots of threads discussing kit but which is the best.

Slow down is the best option but lets face it things are bad with the new tighter limits and we all go a little fast now and then.

Fifty:p

one of them "get let off speeding" cards that u can get from the police shops. i think they r about £850, bargain.

or go to one of these obscure little countries and purchase diplomatic status. quite costly but u can get away with murder.

Guest Rays the roof

Just join the masons and you can get away with anything!

Means you have to sacrifice one night a month for a meeting and grow your finger nail, but heh........!

Find yourself a lickle leprachaun and knick his pot of luck. Keep your bloomin hands off mine as I use mine for overtaking on blind bends:eek:

Seriously I reckon most of these gizmo's are 90% hype and 10% bull. The only way to 100% not get caught speeding is the obvious. The jobbers that have the fixed station speed camera's all on is obviously a handy piece of kit for driving around in new or unfamiliar areas. But they don't do anything about the mobile camera's.

Speed traps of the normal federal types are a bit predictable location wise and generally easy enough to spot with a bit of road awareness. On motorways you can generally even spot an unmarked car if you know what to look for. (I won't overtake any vehicle by more than 20 mph if they are sitting at legal speeds)

The local rag here prints a list of where the mobile speed camera units are going to be either weekly or fortnightly if you can be bothered to look.

The only other thing is to renounce your citizenship and drive someone elses car without tax insurance license or MOT that way you haven't got anything they can take away from you.