The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking into buying a TT supra

Guest leon1

Guest leon1

I was very interested in buying the car offered the guy 9k just as an offer all i got was keep your offer bye he put the phone down. Idiot.

Around the 10k mark i guess im looking to buy from a dealer though

TRD sideskirts, front bumper and rear bumper :search: Makes you wonder what else is incorrectly advertised ?

HKS filters being polite aren't the best and the heatshield thing looks awfull, i think you can find much better cars for your money

Unmarked Bucket interior pmsl

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I wonder if he'll get his 10k he wants.

I'd never put the phone down straight away to an offer 10% away from what I am asking, especially for a car at only 10k. I'd always negotiate first and gauge the buyer's seriousness.

Very strange thing to do. I am also equally surprised you liked that car for the price he is asking. How long have you been looking?

Guest Suprafly

As mentioned above, theres better ones out there for that money.

Give Jurgen a ring at JM-Imports and tell him what your budget is, I guarantee you'll be blown away at what he can import for you.

Around the 10k mark i guess im looking to buy from a dealer though

Check out Whifbitz, a very well respected trader on here. They have a TT for just over 10k, and a single for 14k.

If you don't snap one up, I just might do so myself.

Guest leon1

wow thanks for the response guys. I'm not too clued up on the supra's to be honest but Ive wanted one for a while but insurance hasnt allowed but now the insurance as dropped quite considerably I'm on the look out for one.

I was quite shocked at the dealers response to be honest!. If he puts the phone down on everyone that makes him an offer below the listed price he'll never sell it and quite frankly he doesnt deserve to sell it with his attitude.

I'm not rushing in and buying any supra so ill continue my search thank your for all your help :D

Apart from the frankly ludicrous price I would worry about the fact it has no effective air filtration on it, the filter looks old and dirty, suggesting the engine will have breather pretty much unfiltered air for a long time. I would want to do a leak down and compression test on it. I don't trust imports with body kits either, I would want to examine it closely for accident damage. An aftermarket fibreglass bumper is a lot cheaper than OE front end stuff, so I always assume they MIGHT have had accident damage to some greater or lesser degree. It could be a gem, but a diligent approach should be taken with any old car.