The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uktt6

Rob Moch

after my post from last week re selling my uktt6 i'm going to put it up for sale at billing this year. to recap its a standard uktt6 in very nice condition throughout. 63,000miles ftsh always garaged and covered. if anybody is interested or knows of anyone interested give me a shout. reading your comments regarding price i'm putting up for just over £15,000. i did note the comments on the two cheap cars on autotrader but this is truly a nice car, although i don't expect it to sell straight away and i'm in no rush. any comments would be appreciated.

rob moch

I'm sorry to be negative here but at 15k it sounds too dear. As many other recent threads have pointed out, the prices are dropping quite rapidly, even for very nice examples.

The fact that you are in no rush is obviously to your advantage as you can therefore afford to wait for the right offer. Although, IMHO, you may have a long wait.

Originally posted by AJI

When it comes to the UKTT6 then it is a seller's market and therefore £15K is very reasonable IMO.

Well its sort of a sellers market, but only because of the numbers available (or not available!)

But, you can possibly price yourself out of the general market if your too far from a uk auto TT for example someone may be swayed by the approx £5K saving (i'm assuming here we're talking about someone solely after a uk car for insurance etc where the option of an import turbo is not really viable)

If your not forced into having a uk car then £15K for a manual TT is not great value, compared to some of the vvti's for sale recently is it?

saying all this, you are not in a hurry and the cars history/mileage etc is ideal for someone seeking the mint low mile manual example, so i think you will get near to this figure, when you finally get someone who actually takes a look at it rather than getting details over the phone....IMO thats the difficult bit, good luck :)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Its true.. if they were 10 a penny like J-spec GZ's then they'd be priced like them.

And the fact that they're uglier and heavier and has nothing to do with it! :D

BS! GZ's are as common to the Jap market as UK Autos are to ours I bet most of the Supras in this country are GZ's.

GZ manuals make your car look common!!! :p :p :p

You started it! :innocent:

ROFL

Let the man put a price on his car at what HE thinks he can get for it. There are different markets out there. Christ :)

There are some who would like the cheaper annual insurance, the knowlage tha a car has been in the UK throughout its life, has all the 'upgrade bits' and according to him is in great condition. What is the problem. There are some people who want the model soley designed for the UK market.

You obviously werent as fussy. That doesnt matter :D

You obviously werent as fussy. That doesnt matter :D

Bobbeh, if you had seen some of the women I have been out with in the past, you will know that I have never ever been "fussy"! :p

Possibly. The problem I have is that my son will be with me and I will have to take him back to Wales that evening, then drive back to Oxford, then up the next morning to be in Maidstone at 9.00:eek: