The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Somerset Owner

steely

Hello people.

like many i am new to the supra scene.

i'll be honest, i'm a ford nut and love my RS's and always will. right glads thats out the way:d

i have an L reg N/A manual which is in need of some TLC. its been off the road for 2 year out to the elements and needs a complete underneath strip and clean due to it going dry and gaining alot of surface rust :(

i took it for MOT the other month and it failed on emissions, headlights had gone yellow. cracks in the exhaust front section. and the front drivers wheel was wobbly/knocking.

advisorys are all the brake lines and fuel lines were abit rusty

i need to get another exhaust section from the manifold back to the middle section and also a front drivers side arm.......not sure if its the upper or lower arm tho.

has anyone got any spares for the N/A that they would sell me? i just want to get it on the road and then i can sort out the rest as i go.

also if there are any close members that would like to run through the belt changing process. i'd be happy to paid and make the bacon sandwiches etc:innocent:

thats great guys. thanks for the link scott. will give him a call in the morning and see what he can do for me.

does anyone know wheather this is gonna be anygood for my brake lines and fuel lines?? i will also need to find the screw fittings for the ends. i spos i make them up and paint them to protect them???

How far gone are the brake lines? is it the flexi's gone or the actual solid lines. My advice would be to change them out as they are pretty old now.

the brakes work spot on even after all teh time its been stood. but the solid lines are looking really bad. i think they should be changed along with the fuel lines TBH.

was thinking about goodridge hoses and new cooper lines all through.

thought if i made my own it would save a shed load of money.

the brakes work spot on even after all teh time its been stood. but the solid lines are looking really bad. i think they should be changed along with the fuel lines TBH.

was thinking about goodridge hoses and new cooper lines all through.

thought if i made my own it would save a shed load of money.

Replacing cooper brake lines is a easy job mate, just make sure you get the hang of the tool used for making the ends, also do luck make some great flexis.

where would i get the right brake connectors too? line the screw bits that go on the end of the cooper lines?

i'll get some pics up soon of the car etc and show you lot what i'm dealing with....lol

Best bet is to go to Toyota or if you find out what thread pitch and size they are go to a motor factors

Hi mate. Alot of us here in carrot cruncher land.

Me and a couples of others in weston, quite a few in clevedon, some in yeovil etc.

wttc.

Weston super mare this saturday is a drift day on the airfield if you fancy coming down to meet a few of us and dave is drifting his supra aswel

thanks guys. feeling nice and welcome.

unfortunatly i'm working saturday else i would be well up for that idea EDGE

I live in radstock near bath and midsomer norton. so not too far away.

i'm going to buy a new cat and pipe for the front off flea-bay as its cheaper. but i am going to toyota the weekend after next to source the brake and fuel ends along with as many nuts and bolts etc i can get for the underneath that hold the arms and bits on.

i also want to get a new tank cover as mine is rusty.

can you get the replacment bushes and joints for the upper and lower arms?? as new arms seem to cost stupid money and unlike my fords. you can't seem to get pattern parts....lol