The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Needed

Shadow Beast

Just had a phone call from the ex wife (separated 18months ago) she still has the supra and tonight on her way to see a friend there was a big bang and the car stopped, she says there is oil everywhere over the road and smoke came out the bonnet:blink:

RAC is on its way to take her home and the car, question is this......... if she has totally ruined the engine, what is the best option and quickest fix?

Things are getting her down at the moment, last wed she got an eviction notice through from the courts as her landlord has not been paying rent for 18months, long story but she has to move out on the 2nd of April, was originally 26th this month.

Is she better to sell the car as is or fork out the costs on a new engine and then try sell it?

It an NA areotop in black. Really the car is wrong for her and a little run about would be better.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Richie

As is she will get nothing for it. Sounds like something has gone catastrophically wrong, split the block or something. I can't think how it would happen without seriously high revs and/or no fluids in the car at all.

Best bet is to re-engine it and sell it. N/A engines are 10 a penny, fitting is £300-£500 IIRC.

I'm not the best guy to talk to unfortunately as I'm a million miles away, well I might as well be :D

Give silverstone a call, they know the cars and the transplants inside out so they would have it done in a shift or 2 if they could fit it in :)

As you say it isn't the ideal car for her, best to sell and get a puddle jumper insead :)