The mkiv Supra Owners Club

had a look at a supra tonight...

Supra N_A

and i am getting it on saturday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D its amazing, in fantastic condition the wheels have a bit of a scrape but there getting powder coated black. its only done 55000 miles owned my a really genuine women really pleased ;) has a nice momo steering wheel on as well. everything works which is good news. 1 years mot and tax and 4 new tyres oh also has the MPH converted even better.tinted windows. looks like i am signing up to a full membership then :innocent:

been undersealed aswell.

first thing is want to get a full service on it. its a supra mk 4 SZ

55k miles & conversion? What year is it? If it's pre facelift there almost no chance the mileage is genuine.

Grab the chassis & model number and do a Bimta check before buying mate, it's just common sense with these supposed low mileage cars.

55k miles & conversion? What year is it? If it's pre facelift there almost no chance the mileage is genuine.

Grab the chassis & model number and do a Bimta check before buying mate, it's just common sense with these supposed low mileage cars.

its a 1994,totally genuine i had a look at all the documents of when it was imported etc with all the miles and the converter, tbh she hasnt used it much its been in her garage becouse she didnt like driving it becouse she was scared of getting it damaged as she loved the supra lol. its 100% genuine

its done this 89,000 km's(55,000 miles) , imported 2006 and only 30,000 km's covered since then

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

Still do the check mate, it was 12 years old before importing and had only done 36k miles? It's possible, but not likely.

Do you have any pics of things like the carpet, pedals, seats, steering wheel, dash, gear knob, etc? Those are the best items to check and provided they don't show signed of replacement are good indicators.

I've seen so many obviously clocked Supra's now it's unreal, the odd genuine one does come up but it's a rare thing to see. Be careful and do the basic independant checks is all I would recommend. In most cases it's only a tenner and can get results within a few hours.

Looks nice mate, just need to remove the wallnut dash and dye the carpets black ;) if the car has been in the country that long i would go on the dvla website and check the old mot's to tally up the millage as a minimum.

he he i actually like the walnut dash looks abit old man but looks pretty neat, yea i want the carpets black also want some genuine supra car mats, any ideas?? i checked the MOTs mate and there all uptodate its never failed on anything only got told to get 2 new rear tyres:d

its getting a full service when i get it :)

the 2 obvious things to check on low mileage cars are the steering wheel and the pedals, but they have been changed on this car, (although the seats look good,

i would be 50/50 on this being genuine mileage

still a nice looking supe though

on an import of that age, i would toally ignore the mileage, unless it has full jap and uk service history, alot of these are clocked, auto bmc of watford, reset the mileage when they delimit and convert cars, i actually had an evo3, that came fom them, when viewed it said 128k on it, when collected it read 80k, but the car still clocked in kilometers. just use your common sense and intuition, look for wear etc. check for stickers.... japs love service stickers, they're all dated with mileage.... my supra is covered with them. good luck!

Assessing people and their cars is alway so difficult. Couple of points I notice from looking at the pictures.

1) If she loved the car so much and didn't want to take it out why was she happy to let the carpets get like that?

2) My GZ has done 110k and my driver seats looks brand new compared to that, my should be twice as worn!!!

3) Not sure if it's the light but is that a new Rear Bumper?

Not sure what everyone else is like but you could almost eat your dinner off the inside and outside of my Supra and when I was looking for my car I wanted the car and the owner to be just as obssesive as me.

Sorry mate the car looks great but just wanted to give you my viewpoint.

Assessing people and their cars is alway so difficult. Couple of points I notice from looking at the pictures.

1) If she loved the car so much and didn't want to take it out why was she happy to let the carpets get like that?

2) My GZ has done 110k and my driver seats looks brand new compared to that, my should be twice as worn!!!

3) Not sure if it's the light but is that a new Rear Bumper?

Not sure what everyone else is like but you could almost eat your dinner off the inside and outside of my Supra and when I was looking for my car I wanted the car and the owner to be just as obssesive as me.

Sorry mate the car looks great but just wanted to give you my viewpoint.

tbh its not hard to get the carpets dirty if you go in a clean car then say you have been out walking or somthing then go back in the car it can easily get that dirty. she might of just liked sitting in the seat when it wasnt moving lol. bumper looks fresh to me . about the millage well my dads import motor bike honda X11 it done 16000 when it came to the uk and that was in 2000 he bought then bought it in 2006 and millage went up to somthing like 18000 it was somthing like that anyways so..