The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my ideal engine for the supra

barneybrendan

when i bought my supra i was intending on fitting an aston martin v12 from a db9 was earning real good money at the time.after lots of phone calls back and forth to a guy that breaks them and races them we worked out it would fit nicely in the supra bay.standard they are 400bhp but are restricted,apparently with a custom made ecu and a little tweeking no engine work they are good for 700bhp and thats na.engine and ancilleries wa sgoing to be £10,000 just seen this on ebay love to see this done.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250595635742&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Guest argy911
when i bought my supra i was intending on fitting an aston martin v12 from a db9 was earning real good money at the time.after lots of phone calls back and forth to a guy that breaks them and races them we worked out it would fit nicely in the supra bay.standard they are 400bhp but are restricted,apparently with a custom made ecu and a little tweeking no engine work they are good for 700bhp and thats na.engine and ancilleries wa sgoing to be £10,000 just seen this on ebay love to see this done.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250595635742&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

How about a wankel engine..:search::innocent:

We have a club member with one of them on a pallet in his in garage, im sworn to secrecy though:)

tell come on will try and dig out the number for the guy i was talking to about it and pass it on he knows his aston martin engines inside out by the sound of it.

gearbox was around £4000 for a 6 speed ,the guy could get ecu custom made for it aswell.

tell come on will try and dig out the number for the guy i was talking to about it and pass it on he knows his aston martin engines inside out by the sound of it.

gearbox was around £4000 for a 6 speed ,the guy could get ecu custom made for it aswell.

Wouldn't be TOO much more expensive that fitting a single lump and 6 speed to an NA auto.

The DB7s engine bay was desgned for a straight six which was a similar size to the 2JZ so I should think it will.

The AM V12 basic engine is pretty much unchanged from model to model internally. AML do different oil pans and intake and exhaust manifolds for each installation, the manifolds partly for packaging and partly for intake tuning.

IIRC the throttle bodies on the V12 in DB9 trim are about a meter apart. That engine is almost as wide as it is long.